Chapter 30

Kumiko's P. O. V:

Kira launches herself at me and I meet her head on, raising my sword. Our blades clash together, causing a loud clang to ring throughout the cave.

We pull back and Kira aims to pierce my chest, but I block her sword. Kira's Katana lights up with lightning as she pulls back from me. "Arashi: Electric Slash!" Kira thrusts her Katana toward me as it crackles with lightning.

I leap back to avoid the sword but I feel it graze my right arm, sending a wave of electricity through it. I grunt with pain as I land on my feet. Kira's face is void of any emotion as she swings her Katana toward me again.

I raise my sword as I chant, "Seven Slashes!" With enhanced speed and reflexes, my sword slashes Kira's body seven times, in quick succession. I'd created this spell after watching Gray use his Seven Slice Dance technique several times.

I pull my sword back and Kira swings her Katana to slash at me again. I raise my sword and block her attack. We pull back and clash our blades against each other's, then do the same several more times, our blades almost like quicksilver.

I pull my sword back and leap up into the air as I raise it above my head. I channel magic energy into my blade and it glows a faint light.

With a grunt of exertion, I bring my sword down upon Kira's head. She remains unfazed as she thrusts her Katana up and manages to block my strike. I jump back and Kira swings her Katana at me again, and our blades clash once more.

"W-We've gotta help her!" Rogue says as he attempts to get up.

"You can't!" Luna says, causing him and Sting to jerk their heads to her. "Kumiko is going all out right now; it's never a good idea to be near her when she's going all out like this. And if either of you get hurt, Kumi-chan will never forgive herself."

"But—!" Rogue tries to protest but was cut off by Luna.

"You've just got to have faith in her, and believe that she can win this."

Rogue glares with frustration before he sighs in reluctance and nods his head in agreement. He and Sting resume watching the fight.

Kira and I continue to clash our blades together for countless moments, neither of us seeming to give in anytime soon. We clash our blades against each other and press against the other's sword.

I pull away and thrust my sword forward as I chant, "Fire Sword Magic: Sunburst!" Flames shoot out of my sword as I swing it forward and aim for the assassin.

Turning herself into a lightning bolt, Kira swiftly dodges the flames, and they explode on the ground behind her. I jerk my head up when I sense Kira reappear right behind me. She swings her Katana for my back but I whirl around with speed, and block her strike just in time, making a resonating clang upon impact.

I pull back and strike at the blonde woman but she deflects my strike and we clash a couple more times before I pull back again. "Seven Slashes!" I rapidly slash my sword at Kira again, and this time she just barely manages to deflect all of my blows. I leap back as I chant my next spell. "Sword Drawing: Demonic Crystal Crescent!" I spin and bring my sword down upon Kira with force and speed.