Chapter 10

Kumiko's P. O. V:

I sit on my team's balcony, reading my book. Last night, after his encounter with Yukino, Natsu had broken into the Sabertooth inn and challenged their master. I wasn't too happy with him because something might've happened to Rogue.

I'd felt Rogue's uncertainty about his guild through the bond after that.

"Welcome to Day 3 of the Grand Magic Games! That puts us at the halfway point," Chapati greets everyone; today he's wearing a blonde wig.

Yajima asks, smiling, "How are we ever going to top the dramatic fights and eye candy of the last two days?"

Chapati tells us, "I, personally will be on my best behaviour around today's guest. From the Magic Council, it's Martial Lahar!"

Yajima says pleasantly, "It's been quite awhile!"

Lahar replies appreciatively, "Thank you for having me here." Lahar is hosting has guest judge. Because of that, Mystogan is absent, leaving Cana to take his place.

"As Chief Martial of the Custody Enforcement Unit, your job is catching the bad guys, isn't it right?" Chapati states.

"Yes," Lahar says, nodding. He adds jokingly, "And, let me remind any would-be cheaters that I'm watching you!" The crowd laughs, and the black haired man cracks a smile.

"Let's kick off this hot day with a game that's sure to be exciting! One that we call Pandemonium!" Chapati announces.

"As usual, we will have just 1 member from each team competing, so please choose wisely!" Chapati reminds us. I look over at Team A to see Erza walking out onto the arena.

I jerk my head up at that. "If Erza's going then I'll go!" I say, snapping my book shut and getting to my feet.

"Well, I think I should! I gotta redeem myself after yesterday," Gajeel says.

Mira asks Cana, "Why are you here anyway, Cana? I thought you were a reserve member?"

Gazing around, Laxus asks, "Yeah. What happened to Mystogan?"

Leaning toward Mira to whisper to her, Cana replies, "The guest announcer is the same guy who arrested him, so he decided to sit this one out today."

Giving a sheepish closed eye smile, Mira replies, "Makes sense to me." I nod in agreement.

I make my way down to the arena where I run past Erza, waving back to her.

Millianna from Mermaid Heel was selected for this game. I go and talk to her. "Hey, Millianna! It's been a long time!"

"It sure has, Kumi-chan!" She replies.

Millianna and I met during the Tower of Heaven incident, when Erza was kidnaped by her and a few of their other childhood friends. Millianna and I hit it off really well as friends when we first met.

Orga Nanagear from Sabertooth; he's quite tall and has a muscular built with broad shoulders, and his hair is long, spiky and green. Next was Hibiki from Blue Pegasus. He sends me a cheeky wink when he notices me staring at him.

I look away from Hibiki and observe the other competitors. From Raven Tail is a man named Obra. I glare deathly when the little black animal seems to snicker at me. I can't wait to kick their asses in this game. The one representing Quatro Puppy is a guy named Novali. And lastly it's Jura Neekis from Lamia Scale.

Chapati announces, "All of the competitors have been chosen! From Sabertooth, Orga. From Lamia Scale, Jura. From Blue Pegasus, Hibiki. From Raven Tail, Obra. From Mermaid Heel, is Millianna. From Quatro Puppy, Novali. Fairy Tail A, Erza. From Fairy Tail B, Kumiko! Let's all give them a big round of applause, folks!"