Chapter 32

Kumiko's P. O. V:

The sky is dark and spangled with stars with a full moon above as Rogue walks me home from our date tonight, our hands intertwined with each other's. It's been a few days since our mission to capture Kira, The Angelic Demon, and after the events with Kemo-Kemo, a strange but cute and fuzzy creature that landed on Natsu's head when he and Lucy were on a mission, and he hatched it, Rogue has asked me out on a date.

It's been a few days since our first date and Rogue and I have gotten closer since.

Now he's walking me home, and we stand before my house. Lucy had offered to let Luna stay at her place, which I agreed to. I'm wearing a white off the shoulder dress that has a purple trimming around the sleeve cuffs and neckline, with a pair of silver heels, and my hair loose around my shoulders. I turn to face my boyfriend and smile up at him. The moonlight that pours down onto the street seems to make his raven hair shine.

"Thank you for taking me out tonight. I'd had a great time, Roguey," I say appreciatively, squeezing his hand gently, to which he returns.

 I'd had a great time, Roguey," I say appreciatively, squeezing his hand gently, to which he returns

"I'm glad, Kumi-chan," He says, smiling back at me.

Rogue and I gaze at each other for a long while, and I feel a light blush spread across my cheeks. Rogue lifts his right hand and cups my left cheek, his thumb caressing my skin a bit causing my skin to tingle, before he leans in and our lips meet in a deep but sweet kiss, as I rest my hands against Rogue's chest. We let the kiss linger for a bit longer, letting ourselves relax in each other's embrace.

After what feels like forever, Rogue and I reluctantly pull back. I murmur, "I wish we could stay like that forever." I never wanted any of our kisses to end. They were such sweet, short moments.

Rogue smiles at me and he leans in again, our lips connecting once more. Rogue's arms snake around my waist as he pulls me in closer, and the kiss deepens. Eventually, we had to pull back for air, and I think my blush had deepened from the kiss. Rogue gazes at me with gentle eyes as he cups the side of my neck, where my mate mark is, and his thumb caresses it for a moment.

"I love you, Kumi-chan," Rogue murmurs.

"I love you, too, Rogue-kun," I reply.

Rogue asks, "How about I take you out again tomorrow night?"

I reply, "I'd love to! But, I'm thinking of going on a job. We can go on another date when Luna and I get back, though? And we can meet up at Sabertooth?"

Rogue nods his head as he replies, "Sounds good. How long do you think you'll be gone on your job?"

"I'm not entirely sure. It depends on the job I choose, but I'll let you know as soon as I get back, okay?" The crimson eyed male nods his head in agreement. I sigh sadly as I add, "I should go in now. It's pretty late." He nods his head again. "Do you wanna come in?"