Chapter 11

The video is Pachelbel's Cannon—->

Kumiko's P. O. V:

After my discovery of the Zeref-like magic power, I contacted Rogue through my Telepathy, as well as Luna, asking if they'd like to meet at the concert hall. They both agreed and that's where we are now.

"Are you sure we're allowed in?" Rogue asks as I lead him to the piano on the stage.

I nod as I reply, "Of course. I've met the director a few times in the past when Luna and I took some jobs for him. He's allowed us in here so Luna could practice her singing."

Luna and I take our seats at the piano bench, while Rogue stands beside the piano.

"Can we play the duet, Pachelbel's Cannon?" I ask Luna.

She smiles as she says, "Sure!"

I flick the counter and place my hands over the keys. As Luna and I tap the keys, sweet notes and a rush of music fill the room. Rogue smiles as he watches us, and Luna grins widely to which I giggle in return.

My mind is flooded with memories as we play. I remember practicing my Crystal Dragon's Roar and pouting when I could barely make a dent in a boulder. Then Diaspro did it and managed to obliterate a much larger boulder, and I'd stared at her in awe. Of a day when a group of men tried to take Diaspro for her magic, Diaspro standing protectively in front of me as I tremble while crying; though, eventually, she managed to defeat the men before they could take her. I remember when I found out I couldn't sing, and was greatly devastated as Diaspro could sing beautifully. There was a memory of me sleeping while I was wrapped up in Diaspro's tail, a content expression on my face as I slept, while Diaspro gazes at me with a mother's love in her crystal blue eyes.

Then some memories of while I was in Fairy Tail.

Of when Luna and I got back from our first S-class mission, and our guild mates were happy to see us, especially Gramps, of my teammates having switched bodies due to a spell after they'd stolen an S-class mission when they weren't even approved of going. Then that time when Juvia and Gajeel joined Fairy Tail, and my guild mates broke out into a brawl. I'd hidden behind the bar with Lucy, Happy, and Luna, too scared to get into the fight; just like how I'd always hide behind Mira's legs whenever a brawl broke out amongst our guild mates when I was young, and another memory of after the Battle of Fairy Tail, and I'm wearing a purple outfit while playing the piano as Luna sings on our float, during the Fantasia Parade; she was dressed in a gorgeous pink dress with capped sleeves as the crowd cheered for her.

One of the latest memories flash through my mind, of after our missing guild mates returned and a fight broke out. Erza was sitting at the bar, drinking while trying to avoid getting caught in the fight even as a wooden chair is continuously thrown at her head. I stand with Mirajane, looking a bit nervous as Erza decides enough is enough and throws herself into the fray.

More memories flood my mind as Luna and I finish up the piece, a big smile on my face.

As the last note resonates through the air, I look up at a smiling Rogue. A happy, content expression is on his face. "That was beautiful, Kumi-chan," He compliments, cupping my left cheek in his hand and caressing my skin with his thumb, as I lean into his touch. "Where did you learn to play?"

"Diaspro taught me," I answer.

"Your dragon? What was she like?" Rogue asks, blinking his eyes.

"She was very kind and motherly. Diaspro didn't mind the thought of coexisting with humans, and she was just the sweetest creature I've ever met. She wouldn't hurt a fly. Diaspro was a crystal dragon, and one of the last, since they were all hunted down for their power in the past. What about your dragon?"