Chapter 2

Songs used:

Hope Has Wings by Brie Larson

Anchor by Tritonal

Kumiko's P. O. V:

I sigh as Luna and I walk toward the small building atop the hill in Magnolia. It's the Fairy Tail guild hall. Or, rather, a rundown old tavern. We'd moved here when Twilight Ogre arrived some years ago, and they've been harassing us ever since.

It's been seven years since Tenrou Island vanished, and six years since we've met Sting Eucliffe and Rogue Cheney. I haven't seen much of them mostly because just because of work, and I don't compete in the annual Grand Magic Games, either. But I've heard about how Sabertooth acts, and I honestly don't like them.

But I believe that Rogue is different from them.

I push open the guild doors and Luna and I enter. There were only a few members left; everyone else had left the guild hall after the disappearance of our core members.

I go up to Macao Conbolt who is sitting at a table with Wakaba. Macao looks up as Luna and I approach. "Ah, Kumi-chan, Luna! You're back. How was the job?"

"We'd successfully wiped out the dark guild, The Triad," I state. "Mission accomplished."

"As expected from the Wizard Saint herself," Macao says, nodding his head in approval. "Nice work."

I nod back and Luna and I fetch something to drink; a glass of milk for her, and a glass of water for me, and make our way to a table. We sit down and I pull out my latest fantasy book I'm reading, and resume where I'd left off.

Sometime later, the doors to the guild hall swing open, revealing a group of Twilight Ogre members. Before Luna and I had returned, they'd stopped by earlier and demanded money. But, since we didn't have it, they'd demanded we give it to them before leaving. Now they're back and sneering at us.

I raise my eyes from my book to glare at them. 'Not this again!' I groan in annoyance.

The man in the front with dark hair and a spiked club strapped to his back, chuckles as he says, "Holy cow! This dump looks even more deserted than it was yesterday! Seems less like a guild and more like... a kids' clubhouse!"

"Not them again!" Luna groans, echoing my thoughts.

"Teebo! I thought we'd agreed that we'll pay you next month?" Macao asks in confusion.

Teebo replies, "Yeah. I mentioned it to our master. He said no way in hell!" Teebo's teammates start cackling as he adds, "He said we're gonna have a problem if you don't cough up the money! You better pay up 'cause our master always gets what he wants."

Before I could do anything, Romeo snaps his book shut and glares at Teebo. "Screw your master!"

"Watch it, Romeo!" Macao warns.

"You're not getting any money from us today," Romeo says as he stalks forward.

"I suggest you drop the attitude, brat!" Teebo tells him.

Romeo says as a purple flame appears in his right hand, "You may be able to nods dad and the others around because they're scared of standing up to you, if they won't, then Kumiko and I will! I'm not going to let you guys disgrace Fairy Tail's good name!"