Chapter 20

Kumiko's P. O. V:

I remain standing beside Rogue, who is still on his knees, as he was before, my hand resting firmly on his shoulder, as we try to process what the water dragon and Future Rogue told us earlier.

"Why the hell are you two just sitting there?!" We jerk our heads around to see the White Dragon Slayer running toward them, a goofy grin on his face.

"Sting-kun?!" I exclaim in surprise.

"What are you doing?!" Rogue exclaims in surprise, his eyes dilated.

"Thought I'd drop by and save your butts!" Sting responds as they run closer. "Let's do this!!" He grins at me.

Rogue questions, "So, wait! Have you already beaten your dragon?!"

Just then, the structure behind the blonde crumbles down and the dragon Sting was fighting earlier comes tearing through it, roaring in rage. Sting shouts back, still grinning, "Nope! Figured I'd just bring him with me!"

"WHAT THE FUDGE, STING?!" I exclaim, shocked.

Rogue exclaims, "You... what?!"

"Don't worry, guys! He's super slow!" Sting replies jokingly.

"You can't mess around at a time like this," I state.

Rogue says seriously, "This isn't time for jokes!"

Sting asks as he comes up beside Rogue and I, and starts jogging in place, "We're a team, aren't we? Figured we should take him on together!"

I smile at Sting and Rogue, relieved to see the Eucliffe is alright. The water dragon says to its companion, "Scissor Runner, these humans have proven difficult to subdue. Give me your aid!"

The second dragon, now known as Scissor Runner, responds as it peers down at us, "I'm not interested in taking one alive; I plan to kill every single human I can find!"

Sting asks Rogue as he grins and clenches a fist, "We're The Twin Dragons, right?! So, let's kick their asses! Come on!"

Rogue and I stare at Sting in surprise for a moment. Then, the Shadow Dragon Slayer smirks back at him and replies, "Let's go!"

Sting and Rogue stand back-to-back. Rogue smirks at Sting over his shoulder, while Sting winks and smirks back back at him.

"I'll help you guys out!" I tell them, grinning at Sting and Rogue

"Thanks, Kumi-chan! By the way, there's a few crystal lacrima hovering around the Sabertooth members. I don't suppose you know about that?" Sting replies, glancing at me questioningly.

"It's just part of my Orbs of Power spell. I can create more and send them out to my allies in battle," I explain, grinning back at him.

"Awesome!"