Chapter 1

(Y/n): Your name
(F/s): Favorite song

Your POV

My mom hands me my duffel bag with some of my clothes in it. "The rest of the stuff is in the car," she says. I roll my eyes and slide the bag up my arm and onto my shoulder.

We walk out to the car. My mom hops in. How the car got from our old home to here is a mystery to me.

I sit in the passenger's seat, sulking out the windshield.

"Oh cheer up (Y/n)," Mom says. "This is going to be fun!"

"For you, maybe," I say. "I don't want to be here."

My mom smiles at me and hits a button on the radio until it's projecting (f/s) around the car. I roll my eyes. "Not helping," I say.

----------

When we reach our new house, my mom hops up and down a little in her seat. "It's not that cool," I say.

"I've always wanted to live in San Fransokyo," Mom says. I groan and step out of the car.

I will say, the house is a lot bigger than my old one. It has three stories and what looks to be like a lot of rooms. That's a plus, I guess.

I fling the door open and am greeted by the awful air, filled to the brim with dust. Yuck!

"Mom, the dust is insane!" I complain.

"We'll clean it up, but for now, we can try the café across the street!" She takes out a twenty dollar bill.

"Or I could go by myself," I say.

My mom smiles and hands me the bill. I return the smile and burst back out the door.

----------

"The 'Lucky Cat Café'?" I read the sign hanging above the door. "Could be worse." I push the door open.

A bell goes off somewhere in the café. A woman behind the counter looks my way and waves. "Hello!" she calls. She wipes her hands on a towel and walks over me to. "You don't look familiar..." she says.

"No, I just moved here," I say. "I'm (Y/n)."

"I'm Ms. Hamada, but call me Cass," she says, extending her hand. I take it and give it a firm shake.

"So, if you just want to relax or eat something or--" Cass gets cut off by a racket from the stairs.

"Hiro, that's mine!" Two boys come crashing down the stairs and trip over a table.

"Gah!" Cass screams. "Tadashi! Hiro!"

One of the boys pokes his head up and smiles sheepishly. "Sorry, Aunt Cass," he says.

"I got it, haha!" the other boy shouts, waving something in the older boy's face.

"Aunt Cass, Hiro took my notebook of ideas!" older boy shouts. Tattle-tale much?

"Hiro, give Tadashi his notebook back," Cass says. The boy I think is named Hiro groans a little and hands a small black notebook to the older boy. Tadashi, his name is?

Tadashi stands up and walks over to his aunt. "What are you doing, Aunt Cass?" he asks.

"I'm talking to this young lady here." Cass motions her hand toward me. I wave shyly. I don't like meeting new people that much.

"I'm Tadashi," he says, waving slightly.

"I'm (Y/n)," I say. He nods.

"So...did you just move here?" Tadashi asks me. I nod slowly. "Do you know what school you're going to?"

"Well, I think I'm going to the high school that's kinda down the street," I say.

"That's where Hiro goes!" Tadashi exclaims.

"Isn't he a little young for high school?" I ask.

"I happen to be a genius!" Hiro calls to us.

"You look like you're twelve," I say, laughing.

"I'm thirteen!" he shouts.

"Okay, okay!" I put my hands up. "Sorry I asked."

"He doesn't like it when people call him 'young' or 'short'," Tadashi says.

"Well, now I know that!" I say. Tadashi laughs a little. "So, where do you go?" I ask Tadashi.

"I go to SFIT," he says.

"Is that a college?"

"It's his nerd school!" Hiro calls.

"It is not a nerd school!" Tadashi says. "Please stay out of my conversations!" I giggle a little bit.

"And to answer your question: Yes, it is a college," he says. I nod.

"Cool," I say. "Well, I think my mom might be wondering where I am, so I'm gonna go." I turn on my heels and push the door of the café open.

//////////

A/n: Yay you met Tadashi! Cools. Lol.

Byyyyyyyyyeeeeeeee!!!!!!!