Chapter 13

(OH NO CHAPTER 13 WE ALL GONNA DIE! No, it'll all be fine.)

(Y/n)'s POV

"So, you start tomorrow?" I ask, not looking up from my homework.

"Yep," my mom says, sliding a bowl of (favorite fruit) across the counter to make room for a hot pan from the oven. "Tomorrow's orientation, and then I'll start teaching basic coding to the freshman as a profession."

"Awesome," I say. "Hey, what's fifteen squared?"

"Shouldn't you know this?"

"Yes, but I don't."

Mom sighs. "Two-hundred twenty-five."

"Thank yooouuuu," I say, writing some things down.

----------

I yawn as I walk into my room, pajama pants dragging on the floor. I left my phone up here after I came home, so I check it for missed stuff.

Max: (Y/n)? This is an emergency!

Max: (Y/N)!

Max: (Y/n), help me!

Max: I'm not joking this time, I need help!

Max: Oh God, what am I gonna do??!

(Y/n): Max! Calm down! What happened?

Max: Some is anonymously texting me, calling me a "bi freak" and some other really rude things!

(Y/n): What?

Max: Did you tell someone?

(Y/n): No! I swore in 7th grade I'd never tell!

Max: Would Hiro have told someone?

(Y/n): No, Hiro wouldn't. He's not that kind of person. Suppose someone overheard?

Max: CRAP! (Y/N), THIS IS REALLY BAD!

(Y/n): Max! It's not that bad! Maybe the news will reach a nice boy who like other boys.

Max: Remember Aaron found out in sophomore year and threatened to tell my parents?

(Y/n): Not everyone is like that.

Max: Can I fake ask you out tomorrow so people don't think I'm bi?

(Y/n): Max, you gotta be proud of your sexuality. Whatever people say shouldn't change your mind that you are attracted to both girls and boys.

Max: The comments don't change my sexuality, I'm just worried of what would happen if more people found out.

(Y/n): I'm sure there are plenty of bi people at our school.

Max: PLEASE let me ask you out!

(Y/n): Okay! If it'll make you happy.

Max: Life saver. Thank you.

I set my phone down on the night stand, rubbing my temples. I really wish he would be proud of who he is instead of pretending to be something he's not. I lie down, close my eyes, and try to get my mind off of everything.

----------

"Hey, (Y/n)," Max says from behind me.

I sigh and close my locker, turning around. "Hi Max. Something wrong?"

"Well, I wanted to know if you maybe wanted to go on a date with me this weekend?" he says, louder than necessary.

"Why, yes," I say, pretending to be flattered. "I would love to go on a date with you! When and where?"

"Movies, Saturday night?"

"Sounds fabulous." To make it seem believable, I kiss him on the cheek. He pretends to be flattered before walking away.

I walk toward the school exit, seeing my bus waiting by the curb. My phone vibrates in my pocket.

Max: Thanks. I owe you.

I sigh and put the phone back in my pocket. I jog to get to the bus before it leaves.

----------

Hiro's POV

"Now I'm confused," Tadashi says to me. "We kiss on Halloween, and then she agrees to go out with Max?"

"I know," I say. "I was confused too. But I think--"

"Doesn't matter," he says. "She obviously doesn't like me as much as I like her."

"Actually, I think Max--"

Before I can finish, Tadashi walks out of our room, closing the door loudly. I groan and hang my head.

----------

Text Conversations

Tadashi: I thought I meant something to you.

(Y/n): What do you mean?

Tadashi: We kissed on Halloween, and then you agree to go out with Max.

(Y/n): Whoa. Calm down. First of all, that was one kiss. It isn't like we're an item. Second, Max didn't legitimately ask me out.

Tadashi: Oh sure. Why did he do it, so he can say he has a Saturday date?

(Y/n): Are you okay? You're not yourself at all.

Tadashi: Just frustrated and confused.

(Y/n): Then can I explain?

Tadashi: By all means, go ahead.

New message: Max

Max: (Y/n), it didn't work. I'm still getting the scary messages. They're getting worse.

(Y/n): I'm sorry. Maybe it's time you stopped pretending to be someone you're not.

Max: You know why I can't do that.

(Y/n): No, I really don't!

Max: That would mean coming out to my parents! They'd kick me out in an instant!

(Y/n): Max. How many times have I told you that you could live with us if you got kicked out? But you're not going to be kicked out, and if you want me to come over to your house right now to help you come out, I will!

Max: Please?

(Y/n): On my way. I'm leaving my phone at home, it's almost dead. Be over in a few.

New message: Tadashi

Tadashi: (Y/n)?

Tadashi: You wanna explain?

Tadashi: Maybe I like you more than you like me.

Tadashi: Sorry for being a jerk, but I'm jut really upset.

Tadashi: Never mind, I'm going to bed. Good night.

//////////

A/n: HI HEY WONDERFUL PEOPLE I UPDATED FOR YOU I LOVE YOU.

But I'm also willing to make you feel. IT WASNT FINE I LIED! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Bye! Until next time!