Chapter 17

Hello. I'm glad that you showed up. Oh yeah. Haven't updated in so long that you're all gone. Oh well. Still gonna publish this because why not?

(f/c): favorite color
(ftos): favorite type of shoe

Saturday. My date with Tadashi is today.

I have no idea how much noise I was making, but I hear my mom knocking on my door, asking if I need an ambulance.

"Nope, I'm completely fine!"

I'M NOT FINE WHAT IS THIS DATING YOU SPEAK OF?!

I go through shirt after shirt after shirt after shirt. Nothing screams, "Hey, you look really amazing and like you totally know what to wear on this date!"

I quickly grab my phone and call Max. He went back to sleeping at his house a few days ago. So far, all is well there. 

"What do you wear on a movie date?" I ask him, pacing nervously.

"I don't know," he answers. "Jeans and a t-shirt?"

"But then it'll look like I don't care about this date at all!"

"Well, you can't wear a prom dress to a movie date."

"No dip, Sherlock."

Max sounds offended. "I was trying to help you, child!"

"What shirt do I wear?" I'm beginning to sound desperate, and it's only ten o'clock in the morning. Tadashi isn't supposed to be here until seven o'clock.

"Uhhhh...oh! What about that (f/c), long, silk sorta texture shirt that you like to wear a lot?"

"Yes! Thank you friend!" I hang up and toss my phone back onto my bed.

I have my outfit picked out now. That (f/c) shirt Max helped me with, some jeans (boot cut or skinny, whichever you prefer), and black (ftos). I lay everything out on my bed and step back. Not even noon and I have the outfit ready. Good for me.

I rush downstairs, still in a my anxious state at the thought of this date. I eat a bowl of cereal quickly, almost choking a couple of times.

"Honey, you're going to get milk everywhere. Slow down." Mom slowly takes the spoon from my hand and sets it down next to the bowl.

"Sorry. I'm just really excited and anxious and scared." I put my hands on my face and my elbows on the counter.

"I know." She sits down next to me at the bar. "I remember my first date with a boy. He had long blond hair and a British accent and smelled like cheese." She looks longingly at the wall.

"Interesting," I say, chuckling slightly. "What was his name?"

"Richard Ween." She sighs.

"Sounds like you really liked this guy."

"I did. Until he left me for Belle Grosse." (If you speak any French you'll know why I'm laughing to myself right now.)

I blink. "Uhh...that's...bad?"

Mom laughs and pats me on the back. "I'm probably just annoying you. I'll let you finish your cereal." She stands up and walks out to the living room. I hear a tragic romantic movie playing a couple of minutes later.

I go back upstairs after my breakfast. My phone is going bonkers. I quickly grab it and open it up to see the dreaded group chat has come to life.

Max: Hola humans.

Hiro: Why are you texting on the group chat?

Max: Because I'm an annoying piece of crap and I felt like it. :)