Chapter 14

(Can you save, can you save my, can you save my heavydirtysoul? Why did I put that? Oh well. Blurryface is a cool album.

Also, I drew some Zootopia art that I think is really cool!)

(Y/n)'s POV

"I'm...bisexual," Max says slowly, looking down at his shoes.

Mrs. Doe sits up a little further. "So, you're telling me that you are equally attracted to both girls and boys?"

"I like boys more..."

Mr. Doe puts his head in his hand. "Is that even possible?"

"W-what?"

"You cannot be attracted to both sexes. It's not right."

"Dad! This is as relevant and real as homosexuality!"

Mrs. Doe rolls her eyes. "I refuse to believe that you like boys as well as girls."

"Well, it's true," I say, finally speaking. "Your son like boys and girls."

Mrs. Doe sighs. "I don't know what to say."

"Say you still love me?"

"We still love you," Mr. Doe says. "Nothing could change that. We just...don't fully support your choice."

"C-choice?!"

"Max, calm down," I say, pushing his tense shoulders down. "We'll just resolve this."

"They think this is a choice!"

"Maxwell!"

Max takes in a deep breath. "Okay. I'm calm. I just don't want to stay here tonight."

"Max..."

"No Mom!" he says, pointing at his mother. "I will not stay here tonight. I'm going to sleep over at (Y/n)'s. If that's okay." He looks back at me. 

I nod. "Yeah, but you can't stay forever if they don't kick you out."

"Kick you out?" Mr. Doe says incredulously. "Max, we'd never--"

"Let's go, (Y/n)." Max grabs my arm and drags me out of the door into the garage. There, he begins to cry. "That went awful!"

"It could've gone a lot worse," I say, rubbing his shoulder to console him. "They didn't kick you out, and they still love you, no matter what they say about this situation."

Max sniffles. "T-thanks, (Y/n)," he says. "I'm glad you were there for me."

"I'm always here for you."

My friend quickly embraces me in one of his signature, tight, safe hugs. I wrap my arms around his torso and hug back. We stand there for a minute, hugging, before heading out to my house.

----------

Max collapses onto my bed. "Ahhhh, this is comfy."

"You can sleep there if you want. I'll use the sleeping bag."

"No, I can't let you do that," he says, standing up. He grabs the sleeping bag from my closet and unrolls it next to my bed. I throw a pillow at him, which he catches, and then proceeds to lie down on top of the sleeping bag.

"Blanket?"

"No, thank you."

We both lie there, staring at the ceiling, in comfortable silence.

Am I forgetting something?

I close my eyes, trying to fall asleep, not even changing out of my street clothes.