Chapter 21

#Miro lol

(Y/n)'s POV

Tadashi and I went on several different dates during the final months of my high school career. He took me to the fair, we ate at some fancy restaurants, we sometimes just stayed in to watch Netflix (innocently). Being with him was just very calming and enjoyable. Wherever we were, we always had a good time.

Now that it's time for me to be graduating, I'm exceptionally nervous. I still have no idea what I want to do with my life. I've applied to a few colleges and they've all accepted. Money isn't a problem, I just don't know where I want to go, because I have no idea what I want to do!

It's been frustrating me for so long. I'm so tired to losing sleep because I don't know what I want in life. I just want to crawl into a cave and be a hermit. No people, ever again. But, then again, no internet. So, that's not my best plan.

"Uuuuuggggghhhhh," I groan, laying on Hiro's bed. "I don't want to leave high school. I'm not ready to be an adult."

"Yes you do, and yes you are," Tadashi says, tinkering with his robot again. He's been working on that thing forever. "I'm sure you'll find something you want to study."

"But I've been thinking about it forever!" I sit up like a rocket. "I've come up with nothing! Zilch! Nada! Zero!"

"Okay, okay." Tadashi chuckles. "Please don't yell at me."

"Sorry." I flop back down onto the bed. "I'm just...ugh. You get me?"

"I'd say yes, but I've always wanted to make robots," he says slowly.

I grab Hiro's pillow and lob in at his head. "Help me! I need to figure this out quick."

"What if you tried SFIT?" Tadashi suggests.

I think about it for a few moments. When I was younger, I used to glue sticks together and call the creations robots. I always figured I could probably cure cancer if I tried hard enough. I always thought it would be cool to invent the next space rocket. But I still never thought about it hard enough to want to pursue a career in STEM.  

"I can't think of anything new fast enough to enter it in the next showcase," I reply. "Plus, I don't have the supplies to build it."

Tadashi purses his lips, thinking. "I'm sure we could get you material from somewhere."

"It'd be so expensive," I reply.

"But so worth it if you get in."

I sigh. "Okay," I relent. "I'll try to think of something. But it's not gonna be good."

"Yessssss." Tadashi gets up and walks over to me, enveloping me in a large hug.

—————

"Nothing," I say, slamming my head against a wall. "No ideas." Slam. "Useless" — slam — "empty" — slam — "brain."

"Not the best way to get the juices flowing." Max, a few tables away, sips from his latte.

"If I don't think of something soon, my chances of getting in fly out the window!" I twirl my wrist and then jam my arm toward the window to imitate something flying out of it.

"You need a break, girl." Max stands up, chucks his coffee cup into the trash, and hooks his arm into mine. "C'mon. We're gonna go have some fun."

I let out a sad chuckle. "Thanks, but I don't think I can have much fun when I'm this stressed."

"Sure you can!" Max drags me toward the door of the café. "We're going to have some fun if it kills us!"

"Famous last words."