Chapter 5

(Y/n): Your name (I'm going to just stop putting this one, okay? I think we all know what it means. XP )
(F/f): Favorite food
(wuiuteyff): Whatever utensil is used to eat your favorite food. XD

Your POV

Hallelujah! Today is Saturday!

I roll myself up into my covers like a burrito and smile to myself. Day of sleep in bed, here I come!

My mind wanders to the dance last night. How Tadashi just randomly came over and talked to me. Why? It's not like we really know each other.

"(Y/n)?" I hear Mom outside my door, lightly knocking.

"Whaaaaat?" I groan.

"I have some breakfast for you."

"I'll come down later." I roll over so my back is to the door.

"Please?" Mom begs. "You rarely come out of your room except for school! It's a Saturday. You need to go out and make friends!"

I growl and stand up, walking over to the door. I fling it open and stare up at my mom. "Who in this whole entire city would want to be friends with me?"

"Oh (Y/n)," Mom says. "There are plenty of people who would love to be friends with you."

"Uh huh. Sure."

"Please? Just give this city a try!"

I study my mom's face for a second. Her eyes are lightly glossed over with tears. She looks sad and tired. And I can't help but think it's all my fault.

"Okay!" I throw up my hands in surrender. "I'll go make friends."

"Thank you so much!" Mom grabs my arms and pulls me into a long, loving hug. I pat her back and smile.

-----

"Why is this city so cold?" I wrap my jacket tighter around my body as I walk down the street, looking for someone who would be friends with me. Anyone my age who looks friendly and isn't holding these weird robots that look like instruments of torture.

I've only seen a few of these people, but they all have this certain creepy quality about them. Mostly all of them have tattoos and piercing, or they just look really creepy.

As I walk past the Lucky Cat Café, I see several people from my school hanging out on the steps. I walk up to them and try to get in on their conversation, but they don't even notice me, so I just go inside the café.

I walk up to a table and slowly sink into a chair. I look around at the other people in the café. Seeing no one that I know, I stand up and stride toward the door.

"(Y/n)! Hi!" I hear behind me. I turn around and come face to face with Hiro.

"Uhm, hi," I say. Why would he want to talk to me?

"What cha doing here?" Is he this casual with everyone?

"My mom is making me make friends," I say. He nods in either sympathy or empathy.

"Yeah," he says. "It was hard for me to make friends when I moved here."

"I would've thought you've lived here your whole life," I say.

"Tadashi and I moved here to live with our aunt about ten years ago when our parents died." He looks down at his shoes sadly.

"I didn't know, I'm sorry," I say.

"Well, as a wise monkey once said, 'The past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it or learn from it.' And now I know that running back into a burning building is terribly dangerous!"