Chapter 2

(Y/n): Your name
(F/c): Favorite color

Your POV

A loud beeping in my ear is what wakes me the next morning. I sit up and slap my hand on top of the alarm clock.

The only time my mom and I had yesterday was time to move the beds and couch into the home. The rest is still in a storage unit somewhere.

The dust is worse in my room than any other room. It irritates me so much.

I roll back under the covers of my bed before realizing that it's the first day of my new school!

I throw the sheets to the floor and leap out of bed. I scramble down the hall and down the stairs. My mom looks at me in astonishment and a small amount of worry as I crash into the wall of the kitchen.

"Uhh...(Y/n)?" she asks. "You okay?"

"Yeah!" I say, standing and dusting myself off. I laugh and stand by the bar thing in our kitchen.

"You seem happier today!" Mom says. I nod, smiling. Wait, why am I smiling? I still don't want to be here! I force my smile into a frown. My mom puts a hand on her hip. "I know you're doing that so you don't have to admit you're liking it here," she says.

"You caught me," I say sarcastically, smiling again. She nudges my arm and hands me a plate of eggs and bacon.

----------

I sit in the passenger's seat of my mom's car on the way to school. I look up at the tall and elegant buildings. It looks a lot different than where I used to live.

We pull into the parking lot of the school. I watch people stream in the door. How many people go to this school?!

I grab my (f/c) backpack and step out of the car...

And into a person.

I stepped out of the car right on time to run into Tadashi. I drop my backpack and Tadashi steps back a little. "Sorry," I say.

"That's okay," he says. Hiro stands there, looking bored.

"Can we go now?" he asks.

Tadashi rolls his eyes. "Yes, Mr. Pushy, we can go." As they walk off, Tadashi waves his hand at me. Hiro looks up at his brother and smirks.

Tadashi's POV

Hiro smirks at me as I wave to (y/n). I shove his arm. "It's called, 'saying goodbye'!" I say.

"Uh-huh. Sure," he says, turning back toward the school. I roll my eyes and keep walking with him.

----------

Your POV

I sit in class, my head in my hand. Since I arrived in the middle of the school year, I have no idea what we're learning. I tried taking notes, but what we're learning is confusing and boring at the same time.

I realize that Hiro is sitting up in the front of the room. Is he going to be in all my classes? I hope not. He seems kind of snobbish.

When the bell finally rings at the end of the day, I rush down the halls and to my locker. I twist the lock and fling the door open. Grabbing my books, I back down the hall toward the front door.

I see my mom sitting in front of the school in our car. I hop down the steps and walk around to the other side of the car, getting in.

"Hi, (Y/n)," she says. "How was your day? Ya know, with the new school and all."

"Fine," I say.

"Oh come on!" she says. "Give me details!"

"I sat alone at lunch, I didn't understand anything the teachers were saying, and my locker is as far away as you can get from anything," I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

My mom looks at me with sadness in her eyes. "Honey, it will get better," she tries to tell me. "I promise." She pauses for a second before saying, "Your dad would be so proud of you."

"Why would I care if my murdering, alcoholic father would be proud of me?" I scream. "He left us and got himself arrested! Why would I even want him as part of my life?"

My mom's eyes tear up. She puts the car forward and we drive out of the parking lot.

Tadashi's POV

When Hiro and I get back to the café, he immediately starts to ramble to Aunt Cass.

"Yeah, there's this new girl in my math class, and I'm pretty sure she was here yesterday!" he says.

"Oh really?" Aunt Cass says, not really paying attention. I sit down at a table in the café and open my SFIT textbook.

"Yeah. She seemed a little upset," he says.

"Now why would that be?" Aunt Cass asks.

"I don't know, she seemed a little confused though," Hiro says, plopping down next to me.

"Why don't you help her?" Aunt Cass drops some vegetables into a pot on the stove.

"Because I barely know her!" Hiro says.

"Well, you're perfect to tutor her, or at least help her a little bit," I say.

"You stay out of this conversation!" Hiro says playfully. I laugh and hit him on the arm in a joking way. He starts swatting his arms in my face, Aunt Cass yelling at us to not have a sissy fight in the café.

Your POV

I stare at the homework, not having a clue on what to do. I've given up on asking my mom. She'll tell me to call one of my "friends" from school. Like I have any there.

I toss the book aside and lay down on my bed. This whole new school and new home thing is so frustrating!

"(Y/n)!" Mom calls up the stairs. "There's a friend here to see you!" Friend? What friend? All my friends live where I used to.

I trudge down the stairs from my third story bedroom and walk down the hall and to the front door. And there stands Hiro.

"Uhm...hi, (Y/n)," he says. "I saw that you were having some trouble with the homework at school and was wondering if you wanted help."

"Uhm...yeah. Sure." How does he know where I live? I never gave them my address. 

I lead him up into my room and sit back down on the bed. I open the book to the page with the homework on it and ask Hiro about what I don't get.

It takes us about half an hour after I started rolling with it. When it's time for him to go, I tell Hiro thank you and send him out the door.

//////////

A/n: Hi! I'm trying to make these chapters as long as I can. But yeah.

So you kinda know more about your dad in the story. Back stories are fun to write. XP

Anyway, thanks to everyone reading! It means a lot. <3

Random pic of Tadashi, because, well, why not?!!

Byyyyyyyeeeeeee!!!!!!