Chapter 9

(F/c): Favorite color

Your POV

The next day after school, I walk with Max to the Lucky Cat Café again. It's basically become the place we go after school to hang out with the Hamada bros. Because they're awesome.

Once we get there, Max and I walk in on Hiro looking at a textbook and Tadashi banging his head on the wall.

"Nothing. Is. Working. I. Have. Failed. In. Robotics," Tadashi drones, pausing each time his head hits the wall.

"Can you please tell him to stop?" Hiro asks. "He's been doing that since I got home!"

"Tadashi," I say, walking over to him. "Tadashi, bruising your head won't help anything."

"Hang. On. I'm. Almost. Done," he says.

"No!" I grab his arms and pull him away from the wall. "Okay. Tell me what's bugging you."

Tadashi looks into my eyes for a few seconds. A few seconds longer than I'm comfortable with. I look down at my (f/c) shoes.

"Here," Tadashi says. "Let me show you." He grabs my hand and starts to lead me up the stairs.

Once we get up there, Tadashi leads me into his room. He lets go of my hand and goes over to his bed. He comes back with a red box sort of thing.

"This is my robotics project," he explains. "For the life of me, I cannot get it to work."

"Can I see?" I ask.

"Oh, all right," Tadashi says reluctantly. "Tell me one thing: what do you say when you're in pain?"

"Uhm...ow?" I respond, more like a question than a declaration of pain.

Suddenly, a giant white....think comes out of the box. My eyes go wide as I stare at said thing.

"Hello, I am Baymax," the thing starts to say. "Your persona--" Then, the thing that I now guess is a robot starts spazzing out. Then, its arm comes off!

"Duck!" Tadashi yells. He falls to the floor.

The arm flys around the room for a few seconds before hitting me square in the side of the head. I fall to the side, holding my head in pain.

A few seconds later, the arm hits the door and falls to the floor. Tadashi cautiously looks up at me. "(Y/n)? You okay?"

"Owwwwwwww..." I mumble quietly.

"Did the arm hit you?"

"Yeeeeeeeees..."

"Here." He grabs my arm and helps me to my feet. Once we're both up, he puts his hand on the side of my head. "Does it hurt when I touch it?"

I flinch. "A little, yeah," I say.

"Let's go downstairs and get some ice, okay?"

"Okay."

Tadashi helps me to the door. We walk down the hall and back down the stairs. Once we get back to the café part of the house, Tadashi and I walk over to the freezer.

Max looks up from his book and sees us. He stands up and walks over to us. "You guys okay? What happened?"

"I was showing (Y/n) my robotics project," Tadashi starts, "but the arm of the stupid thing came off and hit her in the head."

Max winces in empathy. "Ouch. That's gotta hurt."

I hold the ice pack on my head. "I'm fine," I say. "Let's just...study or something."

Max nods and heads back over to the table. He pulls out his Algebra textbook and flips to one of the pages. "Okay!" he says. "Let's get started. Maybe our brains won't fall out of our heads this time."

(Taking a high-school level Algebra course in 8th grade be like... -_-)

----------

When I get home, I see my mom at the dinning room table with Mr. Callghan again. Another interview? Great.

I slowly make my way toward the stairs. I get up to my room and toss my backpack into the corner. I flop down on my bed, letting out a long sigh.

My head doesn't hurt anymore, thank God. But, I'm still kind of sad for Tadashi. He can't get his robot to work.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pull it out and look at the text.

Hiro: Hey (Y/n). Can I give Tadashi your number?

I stare at the text for a few seconds before replying.

(Y/n): Yeah, that's fine.

Hiro: K thank you!

(Y/n): Yep.

Why would Hiro ask that? I think. We're friends. I thought he'd have my number by now anyway...

A few seconds later, a text comes in from an unknown number.

(XXX)-XXX-XXXX: Hi!

(Y/n): Is this the muffin man?

(XXX)-XXX-XXXX: Wha...NO! It's Tadashi!

(Y/n): I know. That's why I asked.

Tadashi: -_-

(Y/n): XD

I laugh and set my phone down next to me on the bed. I close my eyes and fall into a peaceful, dreamless sleep.

//////////

A/n: Hello people! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

I have a favor to ask of you guys. I've decided to start a new story. The problem? I don't know what I should start. I need votes. Do you guys want to see a Selection fanfiction or a Newt (TMR) X Reader? Send me a message or reply to the recent status of mine on the "Conversations" tab on my profile. (It's the picture.)

Bye! Love you all!