Chapter 12

I looooooove the new cover. XP

Your POV

The next morning, I wake up on the couch in the living room, my feet on top of my mom, and my phone going ballistic from the kitchen.

I roll over onto the floor and stand up clumsily. I make my way to the kitchen. Grabbing the phone, I tap the circular home button at the bottom of the phone to make the lock screen come up.

A missed call from Tadashi.

I quickly call him back. I press the phone to my ear as I make my way upstairs so my mom won't be disturbed by my talking.

Tadashi picks up after the second ring. "Hey! (Y/n)!"

"Hi," I say, laughing.

"You fall asleep after getting home?" he asks.

"No, I watched a movie with my mom and then we fell asleep on the couch."

"Ah. Which movie?"

"(Favorite movie that's not BH6)," I say. I make it up to my room and sit down on the edge of my bed.

"Oh yeah!" Tadashi exclaims. "I saw that one with Hiro. We both really liked it."

We talk for a couple minutes before Tadashi has to go, saying that his Aunt Cass needed help in the café. He hangs up, saying that we'll hang out today at some point.

I walk downstairs and into the kitchen. I get into the pantry and grab the box of (favorite cereal) and take a bowl from the cabinet. I pour myself a large bowl (and put milk in it, if you put milk in your cereal) and sit down at the bar. I open up my phone and look at my texts.

Max: *kissy noises*

(Y/n): -_-

Max: *louder kissy noises*

(Y/n): OKAY MAX I GET IT

Max: *nuclear bomb*

(Y/n): Thanks, now I'm dead.

(I'm sorry, but that is exactly like a conversation I would have with some of my friends.)

I roll my eyes and put the phone down next to me, shoveling a bit bite of cereal into my mouth. Yummy!

I hear Mom walk into the kitchen behind me. She yawns. "Good morning sweetie. What do have there?"

"(Favorite cereal)," I answer, my mouth full.

"Sounds good," she says, pulling the (favorite cereal) box out of the pantry.

"Noooooo," I whine. "My cereal."

"Who paid for it?" She holds the box above her head, shaking it.

"Fair enough," I say, going back to eating.

----------

(Y/n): What if pandas are just black bears in disguise?

Hiro: (Y/n)...

(Y/n): Whaaaaaat? I'm just curious.

Hiro: No, you're weird.

(Y/n): Thank you.

Hiro: -_-

Hiro puts his phone down on the desk next to him, refocusing on his latest project. Tadashi sits on his bed, examining a coding text book, while I look over his shoulder.

"Why is she always here?" Hiro asks.

"Because you guys love me," I say, smiling cheekily.

"But why are you texting me from across the room?"

"I don't know," I say. "I like annoying people."

"(Y/n), please stop annoying my brother," Tadashi says, chuckling.

I roll myself off the bed and onto the floor. "Hey! I found a pair of underwear!"

"(Y/N)!!!" I could practically hear Tadashi's blush.

Hiro laughs. "And he says I'm messy!"

Tadashi makes an annoyed face. "You guys, I swear."

I laugh. Boys are more fun to be around than girls. Just...science.

----------

"(Y/n) and Tadashi, sitting in a tree!"

"K-I-L-L-I-N-G! Killing you, Max!"

"What did I do?" my weird friend says, cowering behind his locker door.

"We were both really tired. I bet he didn't even know he was kissing me until he did."

"I still ship it."

"I shipped you with Rohn back in middle school in (home town). Doesn't mean you ended up together."

"That's because Rohn was heterosexual!"

I roll my eyes. "A girl can dream." I start down the hallway. I can hear Max following me.

"(Y/n)! Max!" we hear from down the hall. We look and see Hiro, running toward us. "What's up?"

"We were discussing the relationship between Tadashi and me and Max's bisexuality."

"He didn't need to know that!" Max says, covering his face.

"No, that's cool. Don't think I've met a bisexual person before," Hiro says, nodding his head. "Bad experience with homophobes?"

"His mom's a homophobe," I explain for him.

"Ah," Hiro says, rubbing the back of his neck. "So, anyway. I came over here to ask if you guys were coming over to the café after school?"

"Uhhh...I think I can," I say. "I'll have a bunch of homework to do there, but I can make it."

"Can't," Max says. "My dad wants to take me fishing."

"Isn't that a weekend thing?" I ask.

"Sometimes. My grandpa can go any day he likes, and he invited me and my dad along today. So, I'm going."

"Fun," Hiro says. "Send pictures! C'mon, (Y/n). We gotta get to English."

"Bye Max!" Hiro and I say at the same time as we walk away. Max waves and turns into another hallway.

//////////

A/n: Ah ha! Plot twist! I bet you all thought Max had a crush on you! Well, he's bisexual and likes boys more. That was fun to write. 😂

Do I have homophobic readers? I really hope I don't. If you are a homophobic, please refrain from commenting anything rude. Max is my character. I can make him whatever I want him to be.

Sorry this took an eternity to get up. Haven't been feeling this whole writing thing for a while.

Bye! Until next time!