Chapter 3

(Y/n): Your name
(F/b): Favorite book

Your POV

The next day is not much different from yesterday. For one, I still can't understand a lot of the stuff the teacher is covering. A whole other matter, the only person I know is Hiro, and I found out he's only in my math class! That's just great. (Sarcasm.)

When I get home, I immediately go up into my room and flop down on the bed, quite ungracefully. I run a hand through my hair and let out an exasperated sigh.

A few hours later, I hear my mom call up to me from downstairs. "(Y/n)! Dinner's almost ready!"

"Coming!" I roll off of the bed and trudge down the stairs. When I get down there, I see my mom talking to two people in the kitchen. I slowly move over to the bar thing and sit down silently.

When the people turn around, I don't recognize them. "Uhm, who are you people?" I ask.

"(Y/n)!" Mom shouts. "That is not how you talk to people!"

"Sorry," I say. "But who are they?"

"Well, if you must know," Mom starts, "these men are here for a job interview with me!"

"Doesn't the employee go to the place of business for interviews?" I asks warily.

"Usually, yes," Mom says. "But the business I'm trying to work at sends people out for the interviews."

"Okay then." Still skeptical, I walk into the kitchen and start pouring four glasses of milk.

"Oh, we're not staying for dinner," one of the men says. I roll my eyes. You tell me that after I pour milk for all four of us.

"Well, thank you for coming out for the interview," Mom says.

"Thank you for having us," the other man says. The turn abruptly an leave silently.

----------

After dinner, I immediately retreat to my room. I take out (f/b) and begin reading. I like to lose myself in a book whenever I can.

"(Y/n)!" Mom calls. "You still have homework!"

"Ugh! No I don't!" I shout.

"Well, can you please get out of your room for once? There's an event at your school tonight!"

I roll my eyes and stomp down the stairs to the kitchen. "What kind of event?"

"One that people will be at," she says. "I'll wait for you in the car."

Well, this won't be fun.

//////////

A/n: Or will it? 😏

I'm sorry if this story is going no where at the moment. Bare with me here.

Bye!