Chapter 15

(I AM IN DIRE NEED OF HELP. IF ANY OF MY READERS HAVE SURVIVED FRESHMAN YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL READ THE A/N AT THE END.)

(L/n): Last name
(cwoc): Cuss word of choice (don't comment your cuss words XD)

"Pancakes! Pancakes!" Max cheers, beating his fork on the counter.

"Max." I smack his arm. "That's rude."

"No it's not," my mom says. "He's just a hungry teenage boy."

"Syrup! Syrup!"

"Max!"

"Pancakes!"

Max lunges as my mom sets a plate of several blueberry (or regular) pancakes on the bar. He grabs more than half and begins to drown them in syrup.

I blink. "Dude, you are going to throw up," I say. "Slow down."

"I can't!" he says. "We need to get to school!"

"We're fully prepared to walk out the door. We don't have to rush. We're not supposed to be at the bus stop for another twenty minutes."

"Right," Max says. "How will I finish these in twenty minutes?!"

"By letting me have some?" I suggest.

"No!"

I roll my eyes. "I'll just make a bowl of fruit. It's better for me, anyway."

I go to the fruit bowl by the sink and wash some (favorite fruit/fruits) and set them in a separate bowl. I come back with a fork and sit back down next to Max, who has devoured most of the pancakes in the time frame of the two minutes it took to wash the fruit.

"You're gonna get fat," I say.

"So?"

I roll my eyes. "Nothing."

After another five minutes, I'm halfway through the fruit bowl and Max has finished the pancakes. He rubs his tummy and burps. "Those were good. Thank you, Mrs. (L/n)!"

"Not a problem, Max," she says, smiling. "Now, you kids need to get going in about five minutes. (Y/n), got everything?"

"Pretty sure."

"Max?"

"I think?"

"Shoes," I say, not even looking up.

"Shoot!" Max jumps off the stool, running upstairs.

Mom laughs. "Oh Max," she says, even though he can't hear her. "Never change." She walks upstairs to begin to get ready for work.

Max bounds back down the stairs a minute later, shoes on this time.

"Okay! I'm rea--"

"Backpack."

"Crap!" Back up the stairs Max goes.

----------

"Is there a reason Tadashi was so happy this morning?" Hiro asks me.

"Maybe," I say. "Maybe not."

Hiro groans. "I saw you at the window last night."

"Oops," I say.

Hiro laughs. "Busted."

"(Y/N)!!!!" Max grabs my shoulders from behind and begins to shake me. "(Y/n) (Y/n) (Y/n) (Y/N)!!"

"WHAT?"

"This school is putting on a play!"

"Oh my God. Yes Max. Give me a heart attack telling me about a play!"