Chapter 10

Happy Halloween!!!

Your POV

After a long week, I am so glad that it's Saturday. Sleeping in!

But, I was, of course, blessed with man-children as my friends, so I'm awoken by a group message.

Max: What are we all going as for Halloween?

Tadashi: I'm going as a vampire.

Hiro: Werewolf because Tadashi's a vampire.

(Y/n): Asleep. I'm going to be asleep.

Max: Hiro, Tadashi. Meet at (Y/n)'s house in half an hour?

Tadashi: Yep.

Hiro: Yes. >:)

(Y/n): I hate you all.

I leap out of bed and bound down the hall. My mom should be awake by now. "Mom!" I yell down the stairs. "MOM!"

"What?!" she yells back up at me.

"Tadashi, Max, and Hiro are gonna be here soon! Do not let them in the house!"

"Okay?"

"Thank yoooouuuu!" I run back to my room and lock my door. No way my man-children friends are going to ruin my day of sleeping in.

But, of course, my mom still wants me to have friends, so she lets the boys in when they come. I hear them run up the stairs and bang on my door.

I groan and stand up. I walk to the door and fling it open.

Tadashi jumps back. "Gah!" he yells. "I don't think she'll need a costume."

I glare daggers at him. He backs up even more.

Max steps forward. "(Y/n), a person does not simply not dress up on Halloween or go trick-or-treating!"

"Our ages range from thirteen to nineteen," I say. "We are too old to trick-or-treat."

"(Y/nnnnnnn)!" Max and Hiro whine. "Pleeeeaaaaasssee?"

I look at all their expressions. Tadashi pulls his puppy dog eye act on me, while Hiro and Max have pouty lips.

"Okay!" I throw my hands up. "I probably have an old costume that fits. Just stop it with the eyes and the lips! It's scaring me!"

The boys pump their fists and high five each other.

I roll my eyes. "How about we all meet at the Lucky Cat Café at five o'clock for a little dinner before we go?"

The boys all agree and leave.

I walk back into my room and open my closet. What to wear...what to wear...

I browse through old costumes. Finally, I come across the pot of gold.

"Yessss..." I whisper to myself.

----------

I fling open the door of the Lucky Cat Café. I try not to step on my long skirt as I make my way over to the boys.

Tadashi looks at me. "Who are you supposed to be?" he asks.

"I'm Cherry Valance," I say. "Have you guys ever read The Outsiders?"

"Uhhhhhh...no," Tadashi says. "I haven't."

"Well, you should," I say, sitting down. "It's a great book." I grab a strand of fake hair on my red wig and begin twirling it around my finger. (Unless you're hair in naturally red. Then, you're not wearing a wig.)

We eat our dinner and grab baskets to hold the candy. We make our way outside and to the nearest neighborhood.

I haven't gone trick-or-treating in two years. I've forgotten how fun it is! A few houses give us these big King-size candy bars or the Pixy Stixs that are, literally, a meter long.

Finally, when we're all pooped out, we start to head back to the Lucky Cat Café. But, somewhere along the way, Tadashi and I lost Max and Hiro. So, we don't know where we are.

"I go trick-or-treating once," I mutter, "and I get lost."

"Well, at least this is a good city," Tadashi says. "For the most part. I mean, it could be better, but at least we're not in, like, one of those crime infested cities you read about it books or something. We could we fighting Greasers or Socs right now."

"I thought you said you didn't read The Outsiders!" I accuse.

"I didn't," Tadashi says with a smile. "I saw the movie."

I whack his arm and laugh. "You are so weird."

After another half hour of walking, I stop and lean again the only street light that's on. "We're never gettin' home!" I complain.

To my surprise, Tadashi reaches over and grabs my hand. He pulls me off the street light and starts...slow dancing with me?

"Tadashi, what are you doing?" I ask.

"I don't know," he says, pulling me a little closer. "Just go with it."

So, I don't object. I let Tadashi dance with me. And, in this moment, I'm seriously questioning if he's just a friend to me. Our feet move to the music in our head.

Then, Tadashi stops. He looks down at me, looking me right in the eyes. I try to hide the blush that I know is coming up on my face.

Until he leans down and gently kisses me.

//////////

A/n: Yo! Happy Halloween! I hope you guys liked this chapter because it's kind of weird.

SHOUTOUT TO THE READERS WHO HAVE READ/SEEN THE OUTSIDERS!!! YOU ARE MY BEST FRIENDS!

I hope you liked your first kiss with Tadashi. Even though you aren't dating yet and the dance was kind of weird but I hoped you liked it because it's cute.

Bye!