dads

"To those whose fathers broke their hearts before anyone else could."

"Hey, Bells?" "Hm?" "I think JJ and you are really cute together", Sarah smiles at me after I told her and Kie how JJ comforted me after Rafe freaked out, "And I'm glad that you broke up with Rafe. He's an idiot." "He is", Kie agrees and looks at me cautiously, "I'm sorry for being so upset about you and JJ dating. I was disappointed that you didn't even tell me. And I'm kinda scared that you get hurt."

"I know, Kie, you made that clear the past days", I chuckle, "I feel like.. if anyone's going to hurt the other one, it would be me. Not because I want to but JJ is way too good for me. He really treats me well." "Are we talking about the same JJ?", the girls wonder laughing probably thinking back to how he eats mouldy bread and flirts with tourons at the beach.

"Believe me, we are. And sorry for not telling you about him and I. I was afraid of everything. Rafe could have hurt him, it could have destroyed our friendships. Anything could have happen and can still happen." "Yeah, Rafe would probably freak out if he knew about John B and JJ", Sarah agrees. "Shit, yes. He definitely would, Topper too."

"Hey girls?" "Yeah, Kie?" "We're going to kick the boys' asses tomorrow, right?" "Most definitely." "And Sarah?" "Yes, Kiara?" "Promise me that you don't dump John B. He's not like the other guys." "He really isn't", I agree with my cousin causing Sarah to look at me confused. "Sorry, I didn't mean to make a reference to him and I. Can we just forget about that because him and I did. He really likes you, Sarah." "Thanks, girls." "Oh and Sarah? Sorry for calling the cops", Kie adds bluntly and we all laugh, "Should have invited me."

"Oh, girls. Have you forgotten your keys?", Pope yells over as they drive back into our direction, "Should we help you get back to the land?" "You have to admit it was pretty funny", John B adds.

"John B?" "Yes, what's up?" "You think you're pretty smart, huh?" "I'm always planning ahead." "Do you still love us? All of you?", JJ grins and throws the rope over. "We never did", I counter shrugging my shoulders, "We're going to take revenge on you guys." "Yeah, be cautious."

"I'm excited to see what you've got planned. So did you overcome your differences?", Pope asks seriously. "Let's say we're all still alive and ready to cooperate." "I'd say that's a win." "Woogity woogity." "Ready to get the treasure?"

The moment in which I have finally realized how dangerous our trip is was in the Crane's house. I'm just glad that we made it out alive and even saved one part of the gold. The only problem is that Kie and JJ couldn't weld it perfectly. So we try to sell it at a small shop, well JJ's doing the shop. And it's going on well until we are stopped by Barry who's threatening us with his gun. It's the second time this week that we are threatened by someone with a gun, great..

"I know this bastard!", JJ yells when we've overpowered him, "A junkie." "Then he probably knows my brother", Sarah adds. "He's Rafe's dealer", I confirm.

"Welcome in the junkie's desert." "What do we want here?" "I'm becoming justicia", JJ replies. "I'll follow him", John B lets us know before all of us freak out like JJ and as soon as the others confront JJ about his emotional outbursts, I become quiet. I've got no idea what to do. They're completely right, we shouldn't steal from drug dealers, especially not Barry. But I can't leave JJ alone, not in this situation right now. 

"I'll go with him", I tell the others before I run after JJ, "JJ, wait. I'm not leaving you alone." "Seriously, Iz, go home. I'm giving this money to my dad for the damages. You shouldn't be close to my dad at any time." JJ has been trying to make me leave him alone for the past hour while we were walking but the closer we get to his place the more serious he becomes.

"J, I'm not letting you do that alone. We don't know if he'll freak out or what might happen." "Iz, do you trust me?" "I trust you, but not your dad", I make clear. "It's enough to trust me. I'll call you later, baby."

JJ has really called me later on. But when I arrive at the chateau, Kiara and Pope look at me confused. "Are you looking for JJ as well?" "He's asked me to meet him here", I explain to them so we look around where we might find him, "Hey, there's someone in the garden." Kie, Pope and I walk into the garden only to find JJ laying in a whirlpool with big sunglasses on, although it's already dark outside.

"JJ, what's going on here?", Pope questions. "There's a monumental jet shooting into my shorts", he replies sounding completely drunk and fills some glasses with champagne "You three should come in immediately. Come on, baby, get undressed and enjoy it. Cheers." "What did this cost you?" "Uhm, inluding the generator, fuel and express delivery.. pretty much all of it." 

"Everything that you've had?", Pope repeats shocked as if it would change anything, "You've spent everything on one day?" "It emptied my purse but guys, look at this! The best water massage that you can have. They've promised me. What, Kie?", JJ goes on, "Is a man not allowed to enjoy some luxury? I mean you only live once, right? Too much talking, get in." "Are you fucking kidding me?", Pope yells at JJ, "You should have paid for the damages." "Or donated it", Kie adds. "You could have-" 

"Guys", I interrupt them harshly as soon as I see the bruises on his chest, "Shut up." "I didn't do that!", JJ stands up and now the others can see the bruises as well, "Instead, I've bought a jacuzzi for my friends. No, wait, for my family. I've bought it for you. Look at this, what I've done for you!" "JJ", Kie whispers clearly shocked. Right, they didn't know about this until now. It's only been me who has known about what JJ's dad has done to him and right now, I'm feeling guilty for leaving him alone earlier. "Look at how beautiful this is."

"JJ", I whisper and quickly get in and pull him into my arms as he begins to cry. "I can't do this anymore. I wanted to kill him", JJ admits still crying and I pull him closer if that is even possible. "I'm right here, Jay. We all are", I reassure him quietly while Kie and Pope join us and hug JJ as tight as possible without hurting him even more.