home

"It might be stormy now but it can't rain forever."

"How were JJ and you doing? Did you fight a lot?", John B asks me quietly while the others joke about something in front of us and I join him next to the wheel knowing how vivacious we can be. I shrug my shoulders at first not knowing what I should answer. We had a fight, but it's also been under harder circumstances so it's different than before.

"It's been alright. The four of us stayed together as you can see", I chuckle, "JJ and I.. we had a fight, yes. But I think we're staying strong together so it's fine." "I'm glad about that, Iz. To be honest, I was really surprised when JJ told us that you are dating but I soon understood it. You're a perfect match. We should have seen it earlier."

"Do you really think so?", I wonder looking at JJ. I mean, I'm quite convinced myself. I sometimes question certain situations too much as there are still some difference between us. JJ loves being risky and I enjoy seeing him having fun then but I am way too anxious as I always overthink about the things that could happen, just like the time when he made me surf during a storm. In the end, he always persuades me and I enjoy letting go of my thoughts.

"You complete each other", John B says with such a serious but caring voice that I nod and understand what he means, "Did something happen while we were gone? Did Rafe bother you?" I quickly shake my head. Even if I planned on telling John B about my conversation with Rafe the other day, this wouldn't be the right moment.

"I didn't see him", I lie hoping to have a better moment soon and tell him what happened. John B is my best friend and as irrelevant some topics might be, he knows about everything. "Good. I don't know what I would do to him if he would have hurt you again."

"Are you also starving?", JJ asks as we enter the maritime sphere of the Outerbanks. Home. Finally. "We have to get breakfast somehow", Kie agrees and Sarah nods. "We'll look for something." The two of them quickly jumps off the boat as soon as we tie the boat to an upright in the middle of nowhere. At least no one would find us here.

"So what's going on with you and Kiara?", John B turns to Pope as soon as Kie can't hear us anymore. "To be honest, I've got no idea. I like her and I think she likes me too but at the moment she's not clear. I try to collect enough data and to save it up in a folder in my head-" "A folder in your head?", John B replies dryly making me laugh.

I can't even describe how happy I am to have him back and see him laughing. Pope is too cute when he's nervous or talking about Kie. "Let me tell you, bro, women are unpredictable", JJ adds making John B laugh. "We better ignore relationship advices from JJ." "Excuse me, I'm in a pretty stable relationship. Looks like my advices work." "Not your advices", I chuckle, "But what does pretty stable mean here?"

"You're right, I should have said extremely good. You went from Rafe to me, a great improvement." "I remember you guys fighting just a few days ago", Pope taunts us with a cheeky smile on his lips. "Looks like I missed a lot", John B realizes and points to JJ, "I told you to take care of Iz, not to annoy her." Of course, he's smiling. That's our kind of friendship, we taunt each other regularly. "Yeah, of course, just take her side", JJ replies half-jokingly. "I'll go and look for the girls while you can tell John B about Ms. Limbrey."

"What are you talking about?", I ask the girls and take one of the watermelons. "Sarah and John B got married", Kie tells me and I smile widely at Sarah. "Really? This is too cute." "It wasn't legal but yes. Am I imagining things or is there something going on between you and Pope?" "Oh, don't even start with that", I laugh.

"Really?" "That's not a no." "It's not a no. Hey, I'll bring this melon to the boys, they're probably waiting", Kie informs us and goes back to the boys already while Sarah and I sit on the tree trunk for a few more minutes. "What about you and JJ? I've heard something", Sarah smiles at me. "We only promised us something. It's not a big deal", I say shyly thinking about the other night when JJ was so emotional around me.

"You and JJ forever, hm?" Sarah's smile turns to a grin and I give in. "We promised each other to get married after all of this is over and I think we'll be doing it for real. There's no one who could come between him and I." "What about Rafe?", Sarah asks me slowly and I gulp. I haven't thought about him until now. He's sent me messages but I couldn't reply to them until now and I didn't want to waste time with my friends.

I mean, Rafe and I were friends, officially. I will have to figure it out somehow but what I know for sure is that he won't change anything about my feelings for JJ. "It's J. JJ's special", I admit smiling as I think about him. "I'm glad you have each other. But please be careful when it comes to Rafe. I know you still try to see the good in him but I'm not even sure if there's anything good left." "It's hard to leave him alone after all this time but I will somehow."

"I still think we should leave this all behind and move on to Yucatán", JJ states as we come back but John B shakes his head. "I don't run away anymore. Outerbanks is our home and only if we go back, we can make Ward pay." We all agree with him and support John B and when we change the topic, JJ leans over to me. "I promised you Yucatán, Iz. But I also promised you more", he whispers to me which causes me to have goose pimples and I nod slowly. "Everything with you, J."

"There it is", John B pronounces as we drive trough the water in front of his house. He must be utterly happy to be back there, even though we've still got a lot to do to prove his innocence. "Good to see the old cabin. Welcome home", JJ says and lays his arm around John B's shoulder brotherly, "Iz and I took care of it." "You took care, huh?", John B chuckles giving us a skeptical look and we laugh all together. John B and Sarah are back home.