back in the g game

"Workers of the world unite! Throw off your chains!"

JJ is being dragged out by the security guy. I follow the two of them while JJ is still making jokes. "Listen, I can walk on my own. I've got legs. Don't you see it, brother?" "Stop."

"I really appreciate your help but now let me walk alone. Oh Mr. Dunetti, you've got your drink. Great, that's really nice for you. I'm actually gonna down that." "Boy, what is your problem?"

I walk past Anna and Christian but they stop me and ask what happened. However, I'm focused on watching JJ. "Excuse me", the security guy says seriously and still pulls JJ with him away from the balcony.

"I really appreciate the discretion, Daryl, you know? It's alright, everyone! Do not panic! Let's leave it to the men and women in uniform. Let's hear it for them!", JJ shouts loudly so everyone could hear him and claps, "Rose, you look like Lady Liberty! It's good to see you." 

Kie lets out a laugh next to me and I giggle as well. That's exactly JJ right there. The guy I love. Wait, love? What am I thinking? Back to reality, Izzy. "Let go off him immediately", Kie suddenly speaks up, "You cannot kick him out because I invited him." 

"Yeah, we're members of this club", I add before JJ pushes the security guy off him and points to us. "Hey, girls. Mandatory power hour at the Rixon's! Pope, are you in as well? Rixon's cove, let's go! Workers of the world unite. Throw off your chains, come on!"

Kie and I share a quick look and grin. This is going to be fun. We don't care about anyone staring at us, we just run to our friends. John B appears out of nowhere and is seen by JJ first. "Captain."

"Mission accomplished, Sir." Pope's dad is trying to talk him out of it but he already made a decision and comes with us. It feels like the most liberating run ever.

"Izzy, come here", John B calls for me and tries to sound dramatically although he's laughing loudly. "Already here, John B", I giggle happily and jump into his arms whereas Kie does the same with JJ and Pope before we turn around and run off with the others. "Ciao, losers!"

"Hey, guys. My dad is going to kill me anyways. What is this meeting about?", Pope starts by asking the really important question when we sit in front of a bonfire. I sit between Kiara and John B who plays around with his hands. Pope and JJ are in front of us.

"Tell them before we're getting killed", JJ tells John B in a slightly annoyed voice. "Are you sure that you're ready?" "Yes." "I mean we've done so much shit just to get close to the gold and if there are news about it, spit it out, boy", I agree with Kie.

"Feisty today, huh?", JJ whistles. I can't help laughing while rolling my eyes.

"Okay. So the gold hasn't sunken with the Royal Merchant." "Oh no, no it's starting again", Pope groans. "No, it's alright, wait. Let him talk", JJ says seriously so I wonder what he knows. It seems to be really important. As if they already found the gold.

"It's been here all the time, on the island." "Are you serious? Oh my god", Kie chuckles lightly.

"I would like to express my doubts", Pope looks at the boys sceptically. "Sure, Pope, but allow me to present you the evidence, sir", John B jokes. "You may proceed."

"Fine. Here, in my backpack, is a letter from Tanny." "Who is that?" 

"He's been a slave who survived the sinking of the Merchant. Look at this. Slaves didn't count as crew members. My dad found the complete list of the crew members. That was his discovery. Tanny used the gold of the Merchant to buy himself liberty and then, he purchased a farm. Drum roll-"

Kie and I slap our hands against our legs and look at John B excitedly. "And this farm is the Tannyhill plantage." "Tannyhill?"

"Yes and with his money, he liberated more slaves. Then he sold a lot of rice whereupon the owners of wheat plantages lynched him. The day on which they took him, he wrote a letter to his son and in the last line of this letter he leaves a coded message where he hides the gold."

"Where?"

"Harvest the wheat near to the water, field nine. But he didn't raise wheat. Do you understand? Wheat means gold. Look at this. The gold is near to the water on field nine."

"Shit", Pope is concentrated while looking at the map and Kie and I smile widely. We almost made it. John B made it.

"Now only the original map of Tannyhill is missing and we'll find the gold", John B announces. I was so skeptical when JJ said we're back in the g game but it look like we're close. 

Pope is still saying something about how it can be possible but I already stand up to hug John B. "You made it, you're a fucking genius."

"I made it thanks to you guys. We'll find the gold alltogether", he adds, flashes me a wide smile and gives me a kiss on my cheek. JJ is next to hug his best friend. "JJ, there's the fire, don't burn yourself." "I'm so proud of you." "Thanks, that's really nice of you." 

They hug and hold each other as if they were a couple which is amusing to see when you're not used to it but I love their friendship. They just don't care what others might say. JJ and John's friendship is absolutely the best - it's the best between all of us. I stop for a moment and smile. I can sit here with my best friends, we've got a new way to find the gold and we laugh altogether. What would I do without my pogues?