the phantom

"We were bound to run off a cliff at some point, right?"

When leaving the Geastons' house, I immediately know where I have to go to. I run as fast as I can so I hope to be able to tell the boys that Ward is going to leave with Sarah before they actually do so. I also ignore the messages that I get until it doesn't stop so I walk slowly and take a look at it to see that Pope messaged me to come to Figure Eight's airfield. Great, they already know it.

"Guys, guys, Ward is going to-" "To fly to the Bahamas with Sarah and the gold", John B continues as I arrive. John B acts quickly as we see that Ward is about to start to take off and hops into his van. Without even thinking about it twice, I follow him. I won't let John B do this alone. Even if his plan will work, Ward could still want to kill him. 

We hear Pope, JJ and Kiara yell as they realize what we are doing but don't listen to them. John B looks at me to reassure himself and I nod so he starts the engine of his van. John speeds up as much as he can to overtake the airplane and when we are far enough in front, he applies the barking brake and makes the van stop in front of Ward's airplane. For a short moment, I feel like everything's going to be fine. We've stopped Ward and Sarah can stay with us. 

"What were thinking? Did you want to kill her?", Ward shouts at John B acting like the caring dad he's definitely not. "I want my gold, Ward", John B counters and steps closer to Ward so I tell Sarah to come to me and lay my arms around her. Then we hear the police siren and don't know what to do exactly. Did Ward call them? 

"John, Iz, leave. They shouldn't get you", Sarah tells us but we don't leave her alone with Ward, the man who have almost kidnapped his own daughter.  "Thank god you're here. I've told you he lost his mind", Ward tells Peterkin pointing to John B and I instantly hope that she will believe us for once.  "Hands behind your head", Sheriff Peterkin orders but I'm not sure to whom. She's looking at Ward. But would she really arrest him?

"Do what she says, boy", Ward nods to John B obviously relieved that his plan worked but now it's John B who can smile for a second. "She's talking to you Ward." "I'm arresting you for the murder of Big John Routledge", Sheriff Peterkin informs Ward and I sigh relieved. Seems like justice is finally proven. She's on our side, on the side of the truth and justice.

"Are you joking?", Ward still tries to defend himself but Sherrif Peterkin repeats her words and finally, he does what she says. He holds his hands behind his head and goes onto his knees.
"I dont like it when I'm being used", she says, "I've waited so long to do this."

Ward tries to stand up again but Peterkin reacts quickly and takes her gun into her hands again but then a shot is fired and Peterkin falls down to the ground. Sheriff Peterkin.. blood streams from her chest and she's laying on the ground not moving anymore. "Sheriff Peterkin!", I yell and immediately run over to try to help her by taking a scarf and pressing it onto her wound and concentrate on doing that until I hear his name.

"Rafe, what did you do?", Ward speaks looking shocked as well and I follow his eyes to see Rafe standing next to me with a gun in his hands. He's shot Peterkin. Rafe shot someone. "Dad, I've saved you." John B comes over to help me although Rafe is still holding the gun in his hand but we both know that Peterkin needs first aid or else she doesn't even have a chance to survive. "I'm so sorry", I cry trying to do anything that I can, "Please, stay with us."

"Run", Sheriff Peterkin only whispers when Rafe and Ward are distracted. John B and I share a look. Both of us don't want to leave her alone, but we also know that if we don't leave, we're going to be Rafe's next target. So we run, run as fast as we can.