young Brad Pitt

"JJ Maybank, the hotter version of young Brad Pitt."

"Kie, wait.. wait up!", I call for her for about the tenth time trying to keep up with her pace, "Kie!" "Iz, please, be a bit quicker. I want to get away from here as quick as possible", Kie groans and stops for a second to give me a serious look. "Kie, your mom and you had a massive fight. Don't run away from me now. Talk to me", I tell her softly and she rolls her eyes not wanting to get emotional but then I see a tear on her cheek and she closes her eyes.

"Kie", I whisper and pull her into a hug, "It's alright, Kie. It's not your fault." "She hates me", she sobs into my shoulder, "My own parents hate me." Welcome to the club. Poor Kie. I've never had a perfect relationship with my parents so I didn't have to deal with that change of emotions but Kie and her parents have spent many great moments together and had a great relationship until we began this hunt for gold.

"It is. No, it's hers. I hate her. Who does she even think she is? Why did I have to be so harsh around her?", Kie continues being confused and I chuckle mentally. How many times did I have those thoughts when Kie comforted me.. I know this feeling too well. "Hey, do you remember that one time when my parents missed my birthday for the first time?" Kie loosens herself from my grip to look at me confused.

"I was angry and sad. I felt like they didn't want to be around me because of who I am but I also hate them in that moment. And what did you say?" Kie chuckles thinking remembering that time and I give her a warm smile. "I said that they're idiots to not be around you and that they get the prize for being the worst parents, worse than Luke Maybank." "Yeah and Luke's always been an ass", I add, "You've said one more thing."

Kie nods smiling, "Even JJ Maybank loves you more than your parents. It's their fault missing out", she quotes and even laughs, "That's been years ago. I had no idea that I might be right one day. It was just trying to make a point." "Well, looks like you predicted my life and I can't complain", I chuckle and hug her again when I realize that she stopped crying. "I love you, Iz. You're my only biological family now."

"We've got four other family members. Let's say John B and Sarah are mom and dad", I joke and she joins me. "No, Pope has to be the dad." "Pope and you as mom and dad? No. Pope's the loving and smart granddad. You can be his wife and JJ and I are the trouble kids", I laugh imagining it and shake my head and this thought is so far from reality. Sometimes I wonder where I get my thoughts from. Is that JJ Maybank's impact? "I love you, Izzy", Kie says seriously but laughs about my words and I do the same. "I love you too, Kie. We'll get through this together, promise."

"You only wear a white shirt and sunglasses so why does it make you look so attractive?", I say when JJ arrives at the place we're supposed to meet. "It's not about what I'm wearing. I'm just attractive, baby", JJ brags and winks at me before he flashes me a smile. I take my helmet and want to put it on but JJ gets off of his bike and walks closer to me pulling me into his arms. I forget about any worries in that moment and press my head cheeks against his chest as I feel his head resting on top of mine.

"How did it go with your parents?" "Mine were with Ward but Anna and Kie got into a fight and Anna threw her out. I don't even know if that counts for me as well but I wouldn't go back without Kie anyways." "She'll understand you when we get John B out. They will be shocked to hear what a kook did. They're blinded by Ward." "Yeah, they are..", I mumble. JJ's right. We need sufficient evidence to show them what has happened on Figure Eight behind their backs.

"You look really hot today", I change the topic again still daydreaming about what we might do right now if we hadn't have this plan. JJ chuckles and lifts my head by laying his hand under my chin so he can give me a quick kiss. "You can stare at me after we've put our plan into practice", JJ replies half jokingly. "Come on, pretty boy", I laugh rolling my eyes, put on my helmet and sit on his bike. "You're extra friendly today. Thanks, baby."

As soon as we arrive at jail, I get off of the bike first and put off the helmet. I don't even think about telling JJ that he can't park wherever he wants to anymore. He parks where he wants to so I smile to myself. JJ being JJ. When he gets off as well, he turns around. "Everything okay?" I nod and appreciate that he asked me. I've been afraid of driving with him for a long time until he showed me how to drive myself and I began to like it. But it's cute that he takes care of me. Just a short question can feel so good.

JJ smiles and puts a toothpick between his teeth. "Young Brad Pitt, huh?", I chuckle. "I'm better than that", JJ corrects me. I choose to not say anything against it. JJ's definitely more attractive. We make our way to the building and I watch him first saluting when police officers walk past us and then showing his middle finger behind their back. A typical JJ-move. Some of JJ's characteristics could be patented.

"We want to visit John Booker Routledge", he tells another officer. "Toothpick out." The officer is serious so JJ does what he is being ordered to but not without a comment. "I thought that this is a free land but looks like your not a friend of this free land, right buddy?" As expected, the officer is not amused and rather grabs JJ and presses him against the wall. "Hey, Mr. Montgomery, he didn't mean it like that", I intervene thinking of an excuse, "He's just.. his jokes are bad, you know? I'm sorry for him."

"Aren't you the Scott's daughter? Isabella, right?" "Isabella Scott, exactly", someone else says behind us and I see Debuty Plumb coming closer, "Waisting her time with JJ Maybank. He's not worth the effort, Tom." "Nice to see you, Plumb. I just like to have something in my mouth, you know?", JJ continues but luckily, Plumb doesn't say anything about it. "JJ, empty out your bags and take that cap off. And Isabella, you show me your bag." "Yes, Ma'am."