he's telling us to fish

"I want more berries and that summer feelin'."

When I wake up, I find myself laying in John B's bed. I immdiately turn around to check what is going on. I haven't drunk any alcohol yesterday. How did I end up in John B's bed?

"Finally, you're awake." The one and only John B opens the door with a coffee in his hand reaching it out for me. "Uh, John B, why am I in your bed?" I furl my eyebrows and take the mug. "Oh right, that's probably confusing. You fell asleep yesterday so we brought you here and I slept on the couch."

I immediately laugh. How could I be so dumb to believe that him and I would have possibly hooked up? We're not like normal teenagers whose hormones are going crazy. The boys just want to have fun with their friends, JJ in a more mocking way than John B. "Sorry, that was stupid of me." I shake my head about my own behavior. "Where's JJ?" "Still asleep. You can wake him up. Let's go see what Agatha did afterwards", he suggests and I nod.

I stand up and walk to the other room in which JJ always sleeps and open its door to see my boyfriend snoring while sleeping. Aw, he's cute. Okay, snoring isn't that cute but when it comes to JJ, everything is cute. I decide to wake him up slowly so I lay down next to him and put my arm around his waste. When I turn him around softly, he opens his eyes with a smile. "Morning, baby."

"Morning, Jay", I reply shyly biting my lip hearing the voice of his raspy voice in the morning. "Is John B awake or we do have time for us?", he asks and immediately lays his arms around me to pull me onto his lap. Have I told you how hot he is already? Especially with his messy hair. "He gave me a cup of coffee and said we would pick up the others soon. But we'll make up for this later. Just come home with me, alright?", I suggest. "I'm already excited for some time together." Instead of smiling cockily as one might expect from him, he gives me a kiss on my cheek softly and plays with my hair. JJ's cute, too.

Before we would meet the others, I visit Rafe and Sarah just in case Rafe is too worried and to show him that I am fine and that I still care about him. "Look who comes." I hear Kelce telling the boys that I'm hear as he points to me. "You came." Rafe sounds surprised. "I told you I would stop by", I reply easily.

"I just I can't get it out of my head, it's on repeat." Topper complains when he joins us. "It's insane." "They're pogues, freaking pogues man." Rafe does the same. "You know you should do something against it. When they fight us we fight back, right?" "It's better to. They're been playing with you man", Kelce adds.

"Guys, I'm gonna get it right." Topper nods. "I'm making it a little project of mine." "You're not", I say harshly, "First, I'm one of those pogues you're talking about and second, whatever pogues you're talking about probably had their reason. You guys can be quite provocative, you know", I warn them. "You should man." The boys choose to ignore me. Well, I hope they're just talking and not planning on doing something for real.

"Hey, there's Sarah." Kelce changes the topic pointing to my friend. "What is she doing?" "She'll fall and make a big drama out of it." Rafe rolls his eyes. "Sarah! Get down now!" "Rose, calm down, I'm an athlete", Sarah chuckles. "Seriously Sarah, be careful!", I add worriedly.

"She just wants attention." "Rafe, she's your sister!" "Sarah, that's not funny! I'll tell your dad about this!" When Sarah falls, Topper and I immediately run into her direction but soon, she's playing with the electricity cable in her hand. "It's not connected."

At least Kelce and Sarah are in a laughing mood. "Topper you should see your face", Sarah giggles. "Yeah, okay, I'm sorry that I care, I'm guilty", he shouts back. I honestly understand him. He was worried sick that something could have happened to her. "Congrats man, you're officially her bitch." Rafe slaps Topper's shoulder in a friendly way.

"And what have you been to Bella?", Kelce retorts jokingly. 

"Agatha did some work, huh", JJ states watching the gardens as we drive to my uncle's and aunt's house to pick Kie up. "She sure did." 

"I'll call Kie and tell her that we're coming", I tell the boys. "Service is down, Iz", John B reminds me. I slap my hand against my forehead and shake my head. How could I forget that? 

"We'll see her soon, baby" JJ glances at me softly. "What's going on between you two?", John B asks with a confused look on his face. "Nothing", I answer fast, "JJ is just being extra flirty today. What about you and the DCS?" "Yeah, wasn't that today?", JJ helps me. "Nope, they're not getting on a ferry today." John B shrugs his shoulders. "Think about it. It's God telling us to fish." Looking at John B being so carefree actually calms me down as well.

"Hi, Miss Amy. You guys get through it?", John B asks the lady walking through her garden. "Still here", she replies in a friendly way considering the fact that we're pogues. Loud and annoying pogues to most people. 

"She totally looked at me", JJ grins, indeed being flirty today. "I saw it", John B agrees. "No, John B, don't raise his ego even more. It's big enough", I roll my eyes but laugh. "Don't tell me you'd be jealous." John B wiggles his eyebrows into my direction.

"Look at this place", I change the topic and point to the next house, "Agatha, what did you do." "She's a crazy lady." "I'm not ready to be cleaning this all summer", JJ groans, "It's a nightmare." I grin mentally about my idea. "You could work at the Wreck with me." "As if I'd ever get a job there."

"Look who we have here", John B interrupts our conversation and points to Pope who is standing next to his dad. I give Pope a warm smile which he immdiately retorts. I really admire his ambition. He's working hard for everything and will get a scholarship in the future in return to that. He deserves it more than anyone else. And I like his dad. He likes me and is always sweet to me.

"We have a safety meeting. Attendance mandatory." "I can't. My pops got me on lockdown", Pope replied and I could see him being disappointed. "Come on, man. Your dad is a pussy, over." JJ acts as if he was talking into a walkie talkie. It looks funny but for talking to Heyward like that, I beat my elbow into his side. "Hey, not nice!", he whispers to me.

"I heard that, you little bastard", Heyward retorts to JJ but then smiles at me and greets me, "Hello, Isabella. How are you doing?" I sometimes think that he hopes that Pope and I would fall for each other but we're really not each others types. We're too equal out of the five of us. "I'm fine, thank you. How are you? Did Agatha destroy something?", I reply friendly.

"Boring", John B interrupts our conversation, "We need your son." "Yes, Island rules. The day after a hurricane is a free day", JJ helps him. "Who made that up?" "The pentagon. We have a security clearance. I have a card." "Do you think that I'm stupid?"

Well, Pope must enjoy JJ's stupid comments since he jumps into the boat although his dad isn't fine with that. "Bring your ass back here!" "I promise that I'll do it tomorrow." "Isabella, do me a favor, and take care of them!", Heyward shouts as John B drives away and I promise him that he doesn't have to worry about us. Next stop, Kie's house.