injustice at court

"Some people play victims of crimes they committed."

"Isabella, where's Kiara? Is she fine?", Anna immediately asks me worriedly so I nod. "Kie's fine." "Where is she? Why is she not coming back?" "I don't know and I don't know." Anna looks at me disappointedly, she knows that I'm hiding something from her. But I can't tell her. Kie wouldn't want me to and I promised Kie to always stand by her side so that's what I'm doing now.

"Since when do you pretend to be a rebel hanging around pogues?", my mom confronts me as soon as they're coming into the living room. "Let me think about it.. Maybe ever since you abandoned me? They're my best friends since kindergarden", I sass back rolling my eyes. Sure, they didn't know it because they never cared. 

"Anna, did you know that?" "I didn't know that they spend so much time with those boys until summer when they stayed away longer. JJ's been here once but Christian allowed him to stay for that one night." "Why would Christian allow JJ Maybank to be close to my daughter?", my dads brings out, "And what for god's sake happened to Rafe? He's been a good boy and JJ is a hopeless case." 

"Don't talk about him like that! You've got no idea who JJ or Rafe are!", I snap at my dad without thinking about any consequences, "How can you even judge him when you've been a pogue yourself? You're just lucky that Mom accepted you and Ward and you got rich. Otherwise you'd still be on the other side of the island." 

He's not going to disrespect JJ in front of me if he doesn't even know him. I don't care what he says. He's talked about Ward and his pogue life too many times to judge other pogues. "Isabella", my mom scoffs shocked, "How can you talk to us like that? The Cut have such a bad impact on you. You're not going to see JJ or anyone else again, do you hear me? And I want your car keys." 

"My car keys? You-" I'm about to defend myself but my dad cuts me off. "Then tell me, Isabella. What are they like?", my dad looks at me with expectant eyes and when I hesitate to answer, he shakes his head angrily and shouts at me, "Now give your mom the keys and go to your room and stay there. You're grounded. Go!"

Izzy 🤍

are you awake?

JJ ♥️

where did Shoupe drive you?

my parents told him to bring me home

you're parents are here?

what did they say?

I don't think you would want to hear that

JJ ♥️ is calling you...

baby, answer my call

I can't, my parents would hear me talking

Tell me what happened

I can handle it

they were basically defending kooks and

blaming pogues

I tried to defend us but well..

they weren't amused