Part 37 ~ I'd Cross Oceans For You

~The Final Base

Levi woke up slowly, with a soft hand stroking his forehead and brushing through his hair. The sun still shone through the window, but it was now a warm golden glow, contrasting to the bright glare of morning light, lending the room a comfortable, homely feeling. Peace flooded through the Captain's tired body. His eyes fluttered open, slightly itchy from sleep, and he looked straight up into Eren's emerald eyes. Love flooded through him, and a smile spread across his cheeks. Eren grinned back, a blush filling his face.

"You have dimples...I never noticed..." he smiled, and Levi smiled wider.

"I love you." He said, ignoring Eren's comment. The brunette blushed more, and leant down towards Levi and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

"Ditto."

Levi sighed and smiled again.

"Can someone take me outside? I need some fresh air..."

"Sure!" beamed Eren, and gently picked Levi up, almost falling over in the process.

"Careful!" barked Levi in alarm, only too aware of his missing leg. Eren just grinned and stumbled drunkenly out of the bleached wooden door. The wind was blowing quite strongly outside but the sun made up for the heat lost by the strong breeze. It smelt of brine and cleanliness, making Levi's heart soar as he clung onto Eren. "Where are we?" he asked, nuzzling into Eren's shoulder.

"You'll see." He smiled fondly down at his partner. Just then they staggered round a small copse of trees, and Levi gasped. He heard someone else catch their breath behind him, and turned his head to see Armin following them.

"Eren... Why didn't you show me this yesterday! You never told me that we were near... near..."

"The sea..." all three whispered, staring out at the massive expanse of glittering, green-blue water. The smell of salt invaded everything with its refreshing scent, and Eren set Levi gently down on the grass next to the path and threw himself down next the Captain. Armin soon followed them with a massive sigh.

"Levi..." Eren started nervously, "Do you... do you..." he glanced at Armin, who took the hint.

"I'm gonna go for a walk and look at the coast guys... um... see ya around." Armin muttered and ran off.

Eren picked up where he'd left off.

"So, Levi... do you wanna um move in with me?" he blushed. "And maybe...one day we could be more than just boyfriends?"

"All in good time, my Eren." Said Levi, a blissful smile on his face, "But yes, I would love to move in with you..."

Eren leant down and kissed Levi passionately. The sound of peaceful waves, their breathing, and the breeze through the trees was all that could be heard.

"I love you so much, my Levi."

"You too, my Eren..."