Part 7 ~ Joking Around

~ The Courtyard

“Eren, this is the courtyard. This is Jean’s house…”

“Err…sorry captain…but…aren’t those the stables…?” Eren asked, looking surprised. Levi glared at him, hating that he had to look up. He only just reached Eren’s shoulder.

“Let me have my jokes.” He said, his face devoid of any amusement. Eren just stared. Levi was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable with the boy’s gaze, those bright green eyes were mesmerising, the way they had flecks of gold in them when the light shone in them. It was like looking into a secluded pool, mysterious and shimmering with beauty…and his soft hair, it looked like a baby bird’s feathers, he felt the urge to stroke it to see if it really was as soft as it looked… wait. Had he, Levi Ackerman, just been saying that the brat was attractive? “Stop staring.” He said bluntly, and Eren blushed, letting his eyes fall to the floor.

“Sorry sir…” he muttered, still a pretty shade of pink. Levi’s heart was fluttering like a humming bird in a cage, and he felt his cheeks go hot too. He quickly looked away so Eren wouldn’t notice. Was he becoming ill? Why was he so flushed? It couldn’t be the brat, although he swore he’d never seen such an attractive boy in his life… He stopped abruptly. Had he really just thought that for the second time in a few minutes? Eren bumped into him, and quickly apologised, blushing again. He’s cute. Levi admitted to himself. But nothing will come of this. Right, the tour.

“And this is Commander Erwin’s office…”