Part 31 ~ Mission Impossible

~ A few days later

The Captain organised his squad and checked equipment one more time before climbing up onto his large horse with a boost from Eren, who giggled quietly before kissing Levi softly on the cheek as he mounted the black charger. Levi blushed slightly and swatted at Eren, glancing at the rest of the team to check if they'd noticed. Nobody had noticed, they were also doing last minute checks, or in Petra's case, gossiping with Ymir. Of course, her equipment was spotless and perfect, so there wasn't a problem... Levi turned back to Eren, wondering if he'd survive to see his lover's face again.

Today was their mission; to get Eren safely to a secret base in the middle of the Forest of Big Trees.

To keep him safe.

Levi felt jealousy rise up in his throat as Jean came up to Eren and hugged him tightly. Jean and Eren had always had a love-hate relationship, not to mention that Jean was currently going out with Marco, but he couldn't help worrying. A quiet growl rushed up his throat as Jean kissed Eren good luck on the cheek, and both men quickly said goodbye and Eren re-joined Levi with an amused expression on his features.

"You know me and Jean are just friends." He said, sticking his tongue out at the Captain, who jumped off the horse and forcefully pulled Eren closer to him.

"Still. You're mine." Levi pulled the brunette's lips to his forcefully. "Mine." He growled again, making Eren want to pull him away and bring him straight to the bedroom. The raven-haired man pulled a bucket closer and stood on it to get back onto his tall horse. It was torture for Eren who found his head at Levi's crotch height and the Captain growling quietly as he leaned down and nibbled Eren's earlobe. The youth shivered with lust and stood on his tiptoes to tangle his hands through the captain's hair, pulling him close with a quiet moan and joining their lips. The Captain was the one who broke their passionate kiss.

"Don't tempt me more than you already are, Eren. I don't want to fail this mission just because you seduced me again." Levi winked, "You can do that afterwards."

Eren nodded, speechless.

"Y-yes sir." 

He slowly walked away, continually glancing back at his lover. He almost knocked over Armin who wasn't paying attention either, his nose in a book again. After grabbing each other's shoulders for support Armin picked up his book from the cobbles and wandered in the vague direction of his horse. Eren did the same, mounting his horse in one fluid motion. He might not even be alive to see the Captain at the end of this mission. The thought filled him with sadness as he patted his horse's neck thoughtfully.

 Suddenly the Commander shouted at everyone.

"Okay everyone, mount up! We've got a very important mission today, and it will involve a few days in the saddle and a lot of fighting. For those of you without as much experience, this will be extremely dangerous and proceed with caution at all times. Remember, our goal is to get Eren safely to the secret base without the Female Titan kidnapping him or dying in general. Always use the formation we discussed, and we will minimalize causalities. Good luck."

With a wave of his hand he set the formation moving out of the wide courtyard gates. The clop of hooves and the rattle of carts over cobble filled the crisp morning air, accompanied by the murmuring of many soldiers talking amongst themselves. Hope and dread filled the air with an almost tangible electricity as they left the castle that had temporarily been their home.

They all knew that only a fraction of them would make it back alive.

thanks for sticking with me so far :) x