Part 25 ~ You Punch Like A Girl

~ Captain Levi Ackerman's Bedroom

Captain Levi's door banged open and he jumped backwards with a yelp of shock.

"I hate you, how could you do this to Eren!" Mikasa stormed in and started screaming at him, "How could you? You'd just kiss Petra? Now he thinks you were just making fun of him. And he has bruises the size of Wall Maria from punching something, Levi! Because of you!" Then she aimed a fierce punch at his jaw. It landed with a satisfying crack, and Levi staggered backwards moaning in pain, clutching at his injured jawbone. He fell to the floor. And started crying. But it wasn't because of the punch Mikasa had just delivered.

"I-I'm sorry," he sobbed, "I didn't mean to hurt him... I didn't realise... I don't love Petra in that way... I was just conflicted..." Mikasa continued to glare at him from above like some furious, all-powerful goddess. He saw the burning pain and anger in the way she held herself, as if Eren had directed the knife at her instead of himself. Agony lanced through his heart as the full force of the guilt and wretchedness hit him.

I hurt him more than I'd thought.

"Can I see him?" The Captain croaked, his eyes ablaze with pent up emotion. Mikasa continued to look at him derisively, but as he added a broken "...please..." something cooled in those smouldering eyes and she relented.

"If you hurt him again, your jaw will be broken, not bruised." She threatened. Levi just nodded, and slowly pulled himself up.

"Bring me to him." He ordered, regaining some of his dignity. "Now."