Part 12 ~ Life is a Party

~ Captain Levi Ackerman’s Bedroom

Shit. He probably hates me now… Levi punched the wall as he berated himself, making a picture hanging on it fall and smash, the glass dancing over the wooden floor. Bending down to collect some of the larger shards of glass and receiving a shallow cut only exacerbated his bad mood. Shit. He thought again. How would they effectively work as a team if Eren couldn’t trust or hated Levi? Erwin would be furious. He might’ve just risked the whole of humanity’s survival for one kiss, because if the squad couldn’t protect Eren effectively, the latter was done for, along with everyone’s hopes. A tentative knock on the door jerked him out of his worries as a small voice piped up.

“C…Captain?”

“Eren.” Levi breathed.

The door inched open and Eren’s face peeped round the corner, his emerald eyes glinting with worry. Glass tinkled as the door pushed it aside slightly.

“Can I come in?” The brunette asked hesitantly, and crept further into the room as Levi nodded, looking back down at the glass and noticing the blood from his cut forming a small puddle. He started as soft footsteps approached him and Eren crouched next to him with a concerned expression on his face, holding out a hand towel to bandage his palm. Eren cared… Levi’s heart jumped as hope fluttered to life within him that he hadn’t ruined everything by kissing the brat.

“Are you okay?” asked Eren timidly, placing one of his hands over Levi’s uninjured one.

“I’m fine.” Levi replied, but he was more than fine. Eren’s soft hand on his spread warmth through his whole body and he allowed himself to smile at the brunette. The latter blushed, and smiled shyly back.

“You’re an amazing kisser by the way!” Eren blurted out suddenly, his blush deepening. Levi’s heart stuttered in shock and then beat at double its normal pace.

“You…you liked me kissing you?!” he muttered incredulously, blushing too, “well then…” a mischievous smile spread across his face. Levi leant forward quickly and placed an unexpected kiss on Eren’s cheek, whose blush deepened. By now his face was burning, and his eyes sparkled like Christmas lights on a green pine.

“Do you want to go to the party with me?” asked Eren with one breath, nervousness making a crease appear between his eyebrows. Levi kissed it away.

“Of course!” Levi grinned.