Part 4 ~ Blushes and Butterflies.

~ Breakfast

Breakfast at headquarters the next morning was decidedly awkward. Petra and Levi weren't talking (in Levi's case this wasn't unusual, he hardly ever spoke, but Petra not speaking was an entirely different matter), Hanji drew a titan in the butter and pretended to kill it, showering Commander Erwin with globules of golden mess and even Oluo was silent after the Commander stormed out, with Hanji in tow trying to apologise as coherently as she could though her fits of laughter. Oluo quickly excused himself, saying he needed to clean his gear while pointedly looking at Levi to see if he had in any way earned his favour. Since Levi did not look up from his cup of tea, the older man left with a deflated look upon his creased face.

"Hey Levi..." Petra began, pausing nervously as she waited for a reaction. Levi continued to glare at his tea as if it had bit him. Petra tried again, "err... I was wondering... do you wanna go out for a drink sometime? Or we could just hang out? Y'know, start again, I'm sorry about yesterday but you just looked so adorable I couldn't resist."

Levi glanced up. Petra gulped.

"Maybe." He muttered. A radiant smile spread across Petra's features.

"Hey, maybe sometime I could kiss you without getting a broken nose?" she winked, and rushed out of the room. Levi could hear her screaming for Ymir through the heavy wooden doors that separated the dank, cavern-like dining hall from the sunlit corridor outside. He sighed, feeling just slightly guilty for punching her. They were friends, after all. Maybe a drink with her would make it up, and then he could concentrate on their mission; Eren. His heart fluttered. He'd only met him once, but that had been enough to light something in him he hadn't felt for years.