Part 16 ~ Drunk in Love

~ The Local Bar

Levi sipped his drink, staring across the full room of Scouting Legion Members that were dancing, talking, or in some cases swaying when they'd had too much alcohol. The party had only started half an hour ago and some people were already drunk... Levi sighed. Tonight would be a raucous and wild one. He was bored and impatient. When would Eren arrive? He took another sip of his drink, noticing Petra's eager eyes trained on him, and as he caught her eye she waved sweetly at him, twisting her body slightly so he'd notice the outrageously revealing dress she was wearing. Great. She'll be following me all evening now. He didn't like ignoring her, she was great company when she wasn't flirting, but he really didn't want to end up drunk with her. The idea sent a shiver of disgust through him. Funny, sleeping with girls had never nauseated him before, he'd done it on several occasions and never stayed more than one night- but after meeting Eren everything had changed. He wanted to kiss the brunette again, openly, and to be able to indulge in deeper, more sensuous kisses when they were alone, to wake up to Eren's fluffy head next to him nestled in his arms... He downed the rest of his glass, now even more impatient. The minutes crept by and still no Eren. Would he even come? The Captain ordered another drink and quickly finished it.

At last, almost forty minutes and a quite a few drinks later, Eren arrived wearing a button-down shirt and ripped jeans. He looked uncomfortable in the reeling crowd, but as soon as he spotted Levi's dark hair at the bar his face relaxed and he joined the Captain. To his surprise he noticed that Levi was already quite drunk- not passed-out-on-the-floor drunk, but relaxed-chatty-and-sociable. For Levi to be flirting and very talkative meant he was utterly pissed. The Levi he knew wouldn't instantly plop a sloppy kiss on his lips. A shiver passed through Eren. He might be one of the only people at the party that wasn't intoxicated yet. Drunk with Levi...it sent shivers of heat over his skin and he shuffled closer to the latter.

"How many drinks have you had?" he cautiously asked Levi.

"No idea." Levi grinned at him. "But none with enough ice in to cool how hot you are..." he winked. Eren blushed fiercely, looking down at his glass and taking a long drink.

"I'm nothing compared to you." He muttered, his voice almost drowned out by the music, but the dark-haired man still heard. He was wearing his signature cravat, along with a sleek suit. He looked nothing short of sexy, his hair gelled back and a seductive half-smile on his face. At Eren's words his smile widened, and despite being shorter he pulled the brunette onto his lap. Eren yelped and reddened, but cuddled closer to Levi, eliciting another wide smile. Eren downed his drink, then planted a soft kiss on the Captain's cheek. But that wasn't enough for the Levi, and he pulled the brunettes' face to his again, indulging in a deeper kiss. The heat of the party surrounded them, and Levi's lips were burning. He traced his tongue over Eren's lips, begging entry, which Eren gladly allowed. He twisted himself closer to Levi, threading his hand through the latter's hair and deepened the kiss. Eventually, they broke apart, and Eren downed his next drink in one before pulling Levi to him again.

"I love you..." he slurred in Levi's ear, three more drinks and many kisses later.