Part 10 ~ Take a Bath

~ Captain Levi Ackerman's Bedroom

The next morning Levi woke up to the twittering of a nest of birds outside his window. The sky was a stunning shade of blue, like the wing of a newly emerged butterfly, and the branches brushing the pane were the green of Eren's eyes. He got up slowly and stretched, displaying a daunting amount of muscle. He was well-built and strong after years of fighting and using ODM gear. He grabbed his towel sleepily from the chair by his bedside and stumbled out of his room towards the big bathroom all the men shared.

The massive bath in the corner was more like a small pool, with bubbles swimming on the glistening water like pearls. Thank God there's no-one else here he thought, I don't have any scrawny brats running around screaming from a cut whilst shaving while I bathe. He tugged off his boxers and stepped into the warm water, relaxing as it lapped over him and washed away the last scraps of tiredness clinging to his limbs. He watched condensation run down the wall beside him, clinging to the small cracks in the stone like little diamonds. Steam kissed Levi's skin. Suddenly a clatter jerked him out of his reverie, and he saw Eren running after a toothbrush a few metres away from him. The boy's face was bright red and he was only wearing pyjama bottoms.

"Were you...watching me?" demanded Levi, self-consciousness and incredulousness overwhelming him for a second, especially when Eren turned to face him again. He flushed an even brighter red, and Levi's cheeks flushed too as Eren's eyes flicked over the Captain's body.

"S...sorry sir, I didn't want to disturb you, I wasn't looking I swear I couldn't see anything through the steam..." Eren's words tumbled from his lips, panic etched into his face, although his eyes ran over Levi once more as if to prove him wrong. Levi ran his hand through his hair and felt a strong urge to ask Eren to bathe with him... that brat looked so cute, his hair even more tousled than usual and his cheeks flushed. His lips were shell pink and looked so tempting that if they had been within reach of one another would've been waaay too kissable. Levi's heart threatened to burst out of his chest as Eren moved closer and started pulling off his pyjama bottoms.

"You don't mind if I take a bath too right? I didn't want to get in yesterday, especially not with Reiner, he makes...jokes..." Eren trailed off, blushing again. Levi swore his heart tried to fly. He swallowed nervously and tried to make his voice as uninterested as it usually was. He cleared his throat.

"Erm, sure..." he trailed off. "I'll look away if you want." he finished, although he wanted to stare. The sound of clothing being discarded sent hot shivers all over his skin. Why does Eren have this effect on me, Levi wondered, and glanced at the former, only to find Eren staring at his (Levi's) body. They both blushed and looked away. Fuck it he thought, and half swam, half walked over to where Eren had draped himself against the side of the bath. The brunette's breath caught in his throat as Levi glided over until mere inches separated them.

"Levi..." murmured Eren, but he was quickly cut off by the soft pressure of Levi's lips on his own. For a minute he was frozen, but soon he was kissing back, their lips melding together. Eren's scent enveloped Levi, the soft folds of it calming his racing mind and sending rays of bliss through his whole body, particularly intense where his lips lingered. His body floated in the warm water, buoyed by the happiness radiating from him as Eren gently pulled him closer, twisting his fingers through Levi's sodden hair and nibbling gently on his bottom lip.

Suddenly Levi broke the kiss, reality crashing in, his breathing irregular.

"I'm sorry...I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have forced you to kiss me. I'm so, so sorry..." his eyes were full of conflicting emotions, but he pulled himself out of the bath, hastily wrapped himself in his towel and sprinted from the bathroom before Eren could recover.