Part 2 ~ Nosey Business.

~ Commander Erwin Smith’s Office

Levi Ackerman, leader of the special operations squad and widely considered to be humanity's finest soldier. Hair the colour of polished onyx, styled in an undercut, and thin eyes the colour of steel. A man with an angular, almost youthful face, a strong jawline, an unreadable expression and an unflappable demeanour. Altogether a quite handsome and striking appearance, thought Commander Erwin as he regarded the man standing before him. ...And definitely below average height. He added to himself, suppressing a smile at the much shorter man before him, although the urge to snigger vanished quickly.

"Levi... I have something very serious to talk about with you..." The commander started, clearing his throat uncomfortably, "what's happened between you and Petra?"

Levi's eyes flashed and his face darkened.

"Nothing."

"Well, she refused to be in your squad anymore, and this could undermine our whole mission...how will you work successfully as a team if there is no team?"  Erwin sighed.

"She tried to kiss me. Not my fault." Levi insisted.

"Levi, you broke her nose."

"Like I said, she tried to kiss me."

"Well, be nice! You could at least reject her with words instead of your fist...Don't ever let me hear of you hurting one of your own squad on purpose again." Erwin rolled his eyes, and ruined the serious atmosphere by adding, "...but nice punch!" He fancied he saw the ghost of a smile on Levi's face, but it was gone too quickly for him to be sure.