Part 26 ~ Forgive But Don't Forget

~ The Bathroom

Eren perched on the side of the now-empty bath, nibbling his nails nervously. He was clothed in a loose off-white shirt and comfortable leggings, which hid the bruises well. He jumped up as Levi and Mikasa entered the room, the look in his eyes that of a hunted animal.

"Mikasa! Why did you bring him here?!" the brunette squeaked anxiously and glanced at Levi with hurt burning in his green eyes. Levi caught his eye with defiance and pain shining in his steel iris. Eren found himself unable to look away, his heart aching with love and anguish for the Captain. Without looking away from Levi, Eren muttered,

"Mikasa, would you leave us alone for a minute?"

She eyed him suspiciously.

"Okay... but no sex in the bathroom please, I'll be waiting outside." She stated, and left the room, shutting the door behind her.

"I haven't forgiven you." whispered Eren with tears glistening in his eyes. He stepped closer to Levi.

"I hadn't expected you to." Murmured Levi, also shuffling nearer to the brunette.

"I still love you, y'know."

"I know. I love you t-" The Captain was cut off by the youth's desperate lips stopping his own. He pulled Eren into a tight embrace while continuing to kiss the brunette, the soft smell of rose soap surrounding him. Levi opened his mouth slightly and ran his tongue across Eren's lips, and Eren parted his lips in response. They poured their emotions into the kiss, and Levi felt the younger man's heartbreak and his passionate love for him, whereas Eren felt Levi's desperation, love and sadness. When they broke the kiss both were breathless.

"Why?" Eren asked, desire receding from his beautiful eyes in favour of confusion and hurt, "Why did you kiss her?"

"She would've left the survey corps otherwise. I need her in my team, we're assigned to protect you, and if she left your life would've been in even greater danger. I'm sorry, I didn't realise how much it would hurt you... I regret it, but I was only trying to keep you as safe as possible..." Levi explained, reaching for the brunette with apologies screaming from every movement he made. "...I'm so sorry..." he pulled Eren into a hug, and the titan shifter felt tears wetting his shirt. He smiled slightly, a weight lifting from his heart, and kissed the shorter man gently.

Mikasa stormed in.

"You absolute idiot! How can you forgive him so easily? Don't let yourself get pushed around by him, he hurt you a lot, he should be grovelling for your forgiveness god dammit, not bribing you with kisses!" she shrieked, her instincts to protect her younger brother going into overdrive. The Captain raised an eyebrow.

"Well then I suppose I should..." he slipped onto his knees and Eren's face heated up as wild fantasies filled his head for a moment. Then Levi started speaking.

"Please Eren, forgive me, you're the cutest, kindest, most loving man in the world and I can't bear to lose you. I don't deserve you, but you love me anyway, even after all I've done and all my faults. Okay, I may be a neat freak and I admit, I can get seriously jealous sometimes, and I won't even mention how I treat people because they think it's disgraceful but even when other people hate me or love me, you have stayed, and I love you. So much. Forgive me." 

Eren's face was a shade of tomato, and he moaned with need when Levi slowly stood up and kissed him softly. The brunette wanted more, and he pulled Levi's lips to his again without hesitation. The kiss escalated quickly, fiery passion igniting once again in them, and they heard Mikasa's grunt of disgust as she walked out of the bathroom and closed the door on her little brother making out with humanity's strongest soldier. The couple's shirts soon came off, but just as Levi was unbuckling his trousers the bell signalling dinner sounded.

"Shit, they'll be here in a minute to clean up before the meal!" cursed Eren, referring to the hordes of scouting legion soldiers that would soon swamp the bathroom. Levi wordlessly took the brunettes hand and led him to his bedroom.

"You don't mind skipping dinner, right?" he winked, making Eren blush.