Chapter 3

Severus pov:

I am at Prince Manor doing some potion experiments. I have been trying to improve the wolfsbane potion, that I invented, for a while now, but sadly, I havenˋt suceedet yet. I want to improve the wolfsbane potion to make the user be able to transform whenever they want, wich means that they donˋt have to go trough a transformation at fullmoon. I want the Werewolfes to be able to control when and where they want to transform, much like animagi. I got this idea while I was in Diagon Alley shopping the other day and ran into Lupin. We had a nice talk, surprisingly, and he mentioned how the Potter twins have been born a while ago. He couldnˋt stop talking about how cute they were, especially Hadrian Potter, the younger one of the twins. Lupin sayd that Hadrian had dark brown, almost black, hair and 2 diffrent eye colors, green and silver, wich looked really cute on him, as Lupin stated.

"I wish that I could see them...", I think while mixing some more ingredients into the potion. Soon, I get the twins out of my mind and concentrate on the potion, hopeing that it would turn to a green-violet color, because that would mean that I finally improved the wolfsbane potion. I stir 3 times clockwise, and just for a moment I see the potion turn green-violet, but soon after it turns orange, neon orange. "Ahhhhh, i failed, again!", I say a little bit louder than normally and start cleaning my workplace, since I have decidet that it was enough experimenting for today.

After I finish cleaning, wich I always do by myself, I call a houself and tell them to serve dinner. On the way to the dining room, my mind wandered off to the Potters again. "Could I also have endet up the way Potter did, if I just had given up on Lily and moved on sooner...?", I ask myself while walking up some stairs. I walk trough some halls and finally arrive at the dining room. How annoying it is to have such a big house. I could have apparated but I also want to walk a little, just to stay fit and strech out my muscles. Thankfully, when I enter the dining room, everything is already set and the food is on the table. I pull my wand out of my pocket and cast a quick tempus, to see that it was already 7pm. "It should be time for them to arrive", I think and make my way over to one of the living rooms, the one that was closest to the dining room, just 2 door on the left. I sit down and accio one of my many potion books, hoping that I would find some inspiration on what I should try next, and start reading.

Though, I am interrupted by the floo after just about 5 minutes of reading. I look up and see Lucius Malfoy standing in the fireplace, covered in ash. "Took you long enough", I coment as he makes his way over to me after wiping the dust off of his clothes. "I apologize, Sev. Draco was not willing to be cooperative while putting his clothes on", Lucius looks as if he is thinking back to something that is to terrible. I donˋt even want to know. The floo flares again and in come Narcissa Malfoy, with her son Draco Malfoy. As soon as the wipe the dust off of their clothes and come over, Draco starts making grabby hands at me. I walk closer to Narcissy and she hands Draco to me with an apologetic look, to wich I just smile in return. Normally, I donˋt like children, theyˋre to whiny and needy in my oppinion, but Draco is diffrent. While heˋs still needy, like every baby is, he isnˋt whiny at all.

"Letˋs head to the dining room, shall we?", I ask and donˋt even wait for an answer, instead I go straight to the dining room, with Draco still in my arms. I hear Lucius and Narcissa follow closely behind. When we arrive, we all tak our usual seats and I hand Draco to Narcissa, who puts him in a baby chair to feed him when sheˋs done eating. "How was your week, sev?", Lucius asks me while eating some potatoes. "It was great, all in all. I ran imto Lupin while I was getting ned potion ingredients in Diagon Alley and we had a, surprisingly, quiet pleasant talk. He talked about the new addition to the Potter family a lot...", I inform my friends and they look quiet surprised. "Oh, I have heard about that! The Potters got twins, right?", Cissa asks me and her mood brightens instantly when she notices that we arenˋt going to talk about politics. "Thats right. The oldre twin, Charls Fleamont Potter, is rumored to have his mothers hair and his fathers eyes, while the younger, Hadrian James Potter, is said to have his fathers hair and his mothers eyes", I explain and Cissas eyes brighten. "They seem to be nothing alike..."; she thinks out loud.

"From what I've heard from Lupin, the twins are indeed nothing alike, not just by looks, but by personalitys as well", I agree with Cissa. "Really?", Lucius asks and Narcissa and, surprisingly, Draco seem to be intrested too, so I explain further. "Yes, from what lupin told me, the older twin, Charls, is already considered a Gryffindore, heˋs very active and loud. Unlike him, his twin, Hadrian is said to be calm and quiet, and the parents are not sure in wich Hogwarts house he will end up being in, though, Lupin told me that he personally thinks that Hadrian would be a great Slytherin", the current look on the Malfoys faces is priceless. "A Potter, being a possible Slytherin?", Lucius asks surprised. "Yes", I replie: "Thought he thinks that the Potters would say that Hadrian belongs to Ravenclaw. They are probably trying to denie the fact that a Potter would be a Slytherin. Lupin also informed me of Hadrians cleverness, wich canˋt be denied at this point..." "And why is that?", Cissa asks curiously. "Well, there has been a rumor, lately, that says that Hadrian Potter was able to say "Wormtail" good enough to be understood...", I truly want to meet Hadrian. He gets more intresting by the day.

"Donˋt be ridiculous! Thatˋs impossible!", Lucius rises his voice a little but I canˋt blaim him, it should be considered that the Potters were lying about that. "Well, I wasnˋt there when it apparantly happend, but the rumors sure must have spred really quickly...", I say and drink a little bit of wine. "Thats true", Cissa laughs lightly and we drop the topic. "How is Draco doing with speaking and walking? Has he made any progres?", I ask looking at my little godson. "Comon, Draco, answer your godfather", Lucius tells his son, looking very proud. "Yesh!", Draco answers my question and I coo at his cuteness. "He has made a lot of progres in walking and talking, but that was to be expected since heˋs going to be a year old soon", Cissa looks at her son with loving eyes. "Ah, yes, I belive heˋs 8 months old now? Time really does pass quickly", I smile at my godson when he giggles a little.

Suddenly, I hear a light knocking. "Ann, is someone at the door?", I ask my houself. "No, Master Severus, here is no one at the door", Ann replies and I dismiss her. "Severus, look, there is an owl at the window!", Cissa stands up and goes over to the window to open it and the owl flies over to me and lands on the edge of the table. "Have you been exchangeing letters with a friend of yours lately?", Lucius asks me while eyeing the owl warely. "No...", I am sincerely confused. The owl extendet her leg and I carefully untie the letter off of her leg. I freez when I notice who the letter is from. "Uncwl Shev, whatsh wong?", Draco asks me curously. "The letter is from Lily", I say, still not beliving my eyes. "Lily Potter?", Cissa asks in disbelive. I just nod. "What does it say..?", Lucius asks curiously and looks suspicious.

I open the letter and start reading:
Dear Severus,
Itˋs been a while, hasnˋt it? How have you been? My babys have been born. Twins. The older oneˋs named Charls Fleamont Potter and the youngers name is Hadrian James Potter. They are both very good and kind boys, thatˋs why we would like you to meet them and possibly be Hadrians godfather, since I truely trust you and Charls already had 2 godfathers (Remus and Peter). Please write back as soon as possible.
Love, Lily

I am speechless. I am the Potter twins godfather? "Sev?", Cissa asks with a worried expression. "I am the youngest Potters godfather....", I say absentmindly. "Really?!", Cissa sounds excited. "Draco, youˋre going to meet the Potter twins eventually!", she tells Draco and he giggles at his mothers excitement. "Are you going to agree?", Lucius asks me and I think for a little before answering. "Letˋs eat first..." "So, youˋre going to agree!", Cissa says and starts giggeling at my annoyed look.

After dinner, we go to the study, wher I also have sofas and a table for tea, and start wirting an answer to Lilys letter together:
Dear Lily,
I accept your offer to be Hadrians godfather gladly. I am doing fine, just a little trouble with a new potion of mine. How are you and the twins?
-Severus Snape

The letter is short and straight forwards, just like it should be. "Ann, bring this letter to the owl and sent it to Potter Manor", I order Ann and she does as told. "Well, we should be heading home now, Sev, itˋs getting late after all and Draco seems to be getting tired...", Cissa looks at her son, who is positioned in her arms and seems to be half asleep already. "How about you stay here for the night?", i ask the Malfoys. "We canˋt stay, since we both have some more paperwork to do at home, but Draco would surely be glad to stay for the night", Lucius says and looks at his wife, who nodds in agreement. "That would be nice, itˋs been a while since Draco spend the night!", I carefully take Draco out of Narcissas arms and place him in my own arms.

After some more talking, Lucius and Cissa flooed home and I bring Draco to his room, which is right across from mine, and put him to sleep, while changeing his clothes into nightwear, magically. Then I went to sleep myself, thinking about what me and Draco could do tomorrow, since itˋs been a while since we spend a day together.