Chapter 24

Draco's pov:

"Firs ye'rs, this wa'!", an oaf of a man calld out to us, well, not us specifically, but still. We go over to him and wait for further instructions.
"Have you heard?"
"Heard what?"
"Charles Potter is coming to Hogwarts!"
"Charles Potter?! As in the boy who lived?!"
"Yes!"
"Look, there he is!"
And with that, the famous boy who just couldn't die cames over to the crowd. "Hey, Hagrid", he greets the oaf. "Char's, how 're ya doin'?", the oaf, Hagrid, asks the golden boy. "Good, how about you?", Potter Junior asks back while smiling. "Good. Now, follo' me! 4 a boat!", and with that we are being led to a lake, the black lake with the squid in it, if I'm not mistaken. Theo, Blaise, Pansy and I  go on a boat, while Vincent and Gregory go on a boat with Daphne Greengrass and Millicent Bulstrode, two girls of the more poor pureblooded families. I Look at them and sight. "What is it?", Pansy asks me couriously. "I just think that it's a shame that there is no Black heir. Mother always says that they were great and noble, well, most of them, but now the bloodline died out with the last surviving Black, Sirius Black Lupin, being gay...", I sight again. "Sooo... you're homophobic?", Blaise asks me, looking serious. "Oh, hell no! People should love who they love, I don't really care!", I replie, glaring at the boy for even suggesting such a thing. "Then why did you sound so dissapointed before?", Theo asks me, genualy curious. "Well, it's just a shame that none of them is an omega. They cojld have had a child that way", i replie nonchantally. "Omega? You mean that inxtincted human type that could bear children regardless of gender? The ones that are said to be the prettiest among all of the other 2 genders? That omegas?", Theo asks in disbelive. "Oh Dray, have you been reading those old novels again?", Pansy tsk's and I feel a blush creep up my face. "I would never!", I lke and she gives me a knowing look.

"Let's get off of these boats, we're here", Blaise exclaims and we descend ghe boats. "Follo' me!", the oaf yells again and we do as told, not wamting go get lost on the 1st day of school. We are led into Hogwarts, which is giant. I had expected it to be giant, but wow, the founders really must have outdone themselfes here. I look around in awe, when I notice that the golden boy is bragging about how he got to visit Hogwarts lot's of times when he was younger amd stuff. I scowl at that and surpress the urge to just hit him. We are led up a staircase, at which end a woman in dark green robes is waiting for us. "Thank you, Hagrid. I will take it from here", she thanks the oaf and he nods and takes his leave. "Welclme to Hogwarts",she welcomes us. "The start of term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you're here, your hoise will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your common room. The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each produced outstanding witches and wozards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breackimg will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most house points is awarded the House Cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a creadit to whichever house becomes yours. The sorting ceremony will take place in a gew minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you're waiting", the woman, who I now recognize as Professor Minerva Mc'Gonagall, says before entering the Great Hall, probably to see if everythign is ready fir the sorting and helping prepare if it is not.

"Are you nervous?", asked the annoying voice of the redhead. "No, I plan on becoming a Ravenclaw, since I value knowlage the most", a young girl answers. "Why? Chose Gryffindor, it's the best house!", the redhead says. "We will make sure to win the House Cup for ourselves, so join us!", the boy wonder says. "Is that so?", I ask, my finale nerve snapping. "Yeah!", the weasle spit knto my face. "Shove off, Malfoy!", the boy wonder yells at me. "Well, I think not, to both of your statements. We will win the House Cup and I will do whatever I want", I inform the kindly. "I don't think so! Charles' father is a professor now, so you better watch yourselve!", the weasle spits into my face. I cringe at that and make a disgusted face. Just then Professor Mc'Gonagall comes back. She glares at Weasley and he gets out of the way.

"Now, please follow me", she instructs and we do as we're told. We enter the Great Hall and everyone is watching us, probably searching for Potter Junior in out small crowd. We reach the front of the hall, where the staff table is positioned. "Now, I will call your name and you will come up to get sorted", Professor Mc'Gonagall explains and wastes no time in getting to the list. After a few names are called, then, it's my turn.

"Malfoy, Draco", she calls out for me and I go up to the stool. The hat is placed on my head. "Be careful, young Malfoy. Be aware of the one everyone belives to be good. And find "him"", are the only things the sorting hat says before shouting out "Slytherin!" I go over to the Slytherin table and join Vincent and Gregory, utterly confused about the hat's words; they had nothing to do with the sorting, nothing at all. When I first heard about the sorting hat and it's ability to comunicate trought telekanises, I expected the hat to say something about why it'll sort me into that house and what other qualities I have, or maybe even tell me what other houses I would have fit in, but no, there it goes, talking some nonsesence about finding "him" and not trusting the person everyone sees as good.

Right after me, Theo get's sorted. Obviously, he get's onto Slytherin as well. When it's Potter Junior's turn to get sorted, everyone leans forward, well, except for the Slytherins and a few staff members. They all look at him wide eyed; they all had hear of the rumor that he'll come to Hogwarts, but hardly anyone belived it, but now, there he is, sitting on a stool with the sorting hat on his head, about to get sorted into Gryffindor. "Gryffindor!", as excpected, he walks over to the red table and looks genually happy. When he caughs me staring, his expression instantly chamges to a smirk and a glare in challange. I smirk and glare back, accepting the challenge to see which one of us is better, in any shape or form.

Pansy get's sorted roght after Potter, and Blaise almost at the end, but they both got into Slytherin, and now here we are, having dinner together at Hogwarts, in Slytherin house, amd already making friemds and asking stuff about the teachers and odd rumors. Well, the last part is mostly Pansy's doing, but I guess that benefits all of us. I look at the staff table and go from right to left. My face turns into a scowl when I see Potter Senior (probably the new assistant of Madame Hooch), Potter Senior Female (who will probably help Professor Flitwock in charms), Sorius Black and Remus Lupin Black ( who have both been announced as new history teachers, as Professor Binns, the old one, who was also a ghost, passed onto his next life). I manage a small smile, when I see Severus at the table, talkimg with Mc'Gonagall. Now that I think about it. Minerva Mc'Gonagall.... is that not the godmother of the vanished Potter child?

Dinner ends quickly and we are led to the dungeons by the prefects amd Severus, who is head of the house Slytherin. We get in front of a portrait with a stern looking man on it and come to a stop. "This is the entrace to out common room and dormitories. To get in, you will have to make a sly and creative remark", one of the prefects says. He cleares his troath. "Useless your name is "Google", stop acting like you know everything", the prefect then smirks. The man in the portrait smiles at him proudly and opens up. "The Slytherin querters can also be acessed by using the password, which we change every week, or by speaking parseltongue, but I personally prefer the "sly remark" - thing", the prefect gives a goofy smile and leads us further inside.