Chapter 25

Charles' pov:

"Gryffindor!", the hat shouts out and I smile proudly, catching the proud look on mom and dad's faces. I go over to Gryffindor table and sit down, waiting for Ron to get sorted into Gryffindore as well. Finally, the sorting is over and Ron is sitting next to me. After a few words from Dumbledore we are allowed to eat. As usual, Ron starts stuffing his face instantly with some of everything he can reach. "Mate, chill, we still have time, so no need to rush!", I laugh at him and place some chicken on my plate. "I AM!", Ron protests, mouth still full with what seems to be mashed potatoes and chicken. Honestly, how does he even fit that much in his mouth?! I just laugh at him, since I find myself being unable to respond in any other way.

During the whole dining time, I can feel stares on me, which send me on edge a little. But it's not like I wasn't expecting that, I'm famlus after all. I could hear mom and dad loudly bragging about me with proud smiles on their faces. If I am not mistaken, they seem to be bragging to Professor Snape and Professor Mc'Gonagall. Snape seems annoyed and looks as if he would rather be anywhere but here right now, and Mc'Ganagall seems annoyed as well, just less than Snape. Sometime later she starts talking as well and my parents faces pale. I lean in a little, still not able to hear what she's saying. I look over to Snape again and see him being suddenly intrested in the conversation, which has obviously changed by the looks on mom and dad's faces.

After dinner is over, we are led to the Gryffindor common room. We have to walk a rather long way and up many, many stairs. "This is the Gryffindor common room and dormitoy entrace", the prefect, Percy Weasley, explains to us while pointing at a painting of a fat lady. "To get inside", he continues, "you must now the password, which will change every month as to not let in intruders. Leo". After he says the password the fat lady opens the portrait and smiles at us as we pass her. The common room is red and gold, our color theme. There is a fireplace and sofas with lots of love seats and some tables, probably to study or do homework together. "Left are the girl's dormitorys, right the boy's. Boys do not try to sneak up to the girls, as it will not work", Percy gives us a stern look and Ron rolls his eyes.

"Now to some rules; as you have heard, we get houspoints with every achievment, so do your best. Also, try not to cause that much trouble, as it will only be more work for our head of house, Professor Mc'Gonagall", he goes on and on, but I stop listening and just look around some more. "Good night", and with that I follow the boys to the dormitorys to sleep. Once all the boys in our year have entered the dorm we close the door behind us and look around. Still the same color theme. There are 5 beds, each of us gets one, obviously. At the end of each bed is a thunk of one of us. We quickly get to work on searching our own. Mine is the closest to the window, which dad probably arranged with a little bit of persuading skills from Mc'Gonagall. Ron's is the one closest to the bathroom, on the other end of the room. We smile at eachother, both satisfied with our new beds and start unpacking.

The unpacking goes by queitly and so does thechangong into our PJs. Once we are all changed, a boy calls us all over to his bed, which is in the middle of the room. "So, since we're all going to share a dorm and be in the same classes, I suggest we get to know eachother", he starts cautiously, looking at each and everyone of us. "I agree", I nod my head and there is silence again. "Well, I'm Charles Potter, nice to meet you", I start awkwardly. "I'm Seamus Finnigan, pleasure", the boy who called us over says aftre me. "Dean Thomas. I hope we can all drop the awkwardness and be friends", the boy sitting next to Seamus says and we all laugh at that. The mood brightens and we all seem more comfrontable now. "I'm Ronald Weasley, but please call me Ron", Ron quickly adds and Seamus nods while Dean raises his eyebrows in surprise. "Neville Longbottom", and that drops the mood instantly.

"Neville Longbottom. As in the son of Frank and Alice Longbottom, the ones who broke of their cmose friendship wigh the Potters?!", Dean asks surprised and Neville looks down and nods ashamed. "It's nice seeing you again, Neville...",I say, trying to brighten the mood. "Why did your family break of your friendship with the Potters??", Seamus asks curiously, and that's whn I know that I have to tell them. I look at Ron and he seems to be thinking the samd as me. "Okay, I'll tell you, but swear on Lady Magic herself that you won't tell another living soul", I shoot them a dark look, since I don't really like talking about "it" more than necesarily.

"We swear!", they all say in unision and I sight in relife. "Well, you see, Ihad a brother, a younger twin...", I start and am instantly stopped. "Wait, you have a brother? Why haven't we heard of him?", Seamus asks. "Let him finish",Ron looks down, also not liking to talk about it. "As I was saying, I have a brother, but he was given away by my parents after I became the chosen one, so that he wouldn't get jelous and we wouldn't fight",I pause, thinking that he would still have been jelous, since I got to grow up with mom and dad while he didn't. "They sent him to my aunts family. Though after his godfather, Severus Snape, who loved him dearly, came and demandet we get him back, we went to get him at my muggle aunts house.... but she said that she didn't have him and never did.... we even looked through her memories, but it was true. We figured that he must havebeen kidnapped and allerted the Aurors and some other people, but we asked for it to be kept a secret... we searched for many years, but he was never found. At firts, I didn't even know he existed, no one told me. I just found out a while ago... Many people didn't like that mom and dad sent Hadrian away, and so, they turned their backs on us, which we deserve...", I finish and look up, just to see them all wide eyed, looking at me.

"Hadrian's godfather was Professor Snape?!?!??!", Ron asks me in disbelive, since even he didn't know that. I just nod at him. I then look at Neville. "Are we.... cool?", I ask him, since we have nothing to do with it, just our parents. "We're cool", he smiles at me and we boys chat for a while longer before going to bed.