Chapter 28

Hadrian's pov (12 y/o):

"The second schoolyear of the boy who lived is going to start soon...", Grey tells me, as if I didn't already know that. "I am aware", I inform him and he just nods a few times, probably thinking about how to phrase my next mission.

"Have you heard of "Hocruxes" before...?"

Charles' pov:

"Are you ready, Charles?", mom asks me as she enters my room. "Mom! Don't just comw in without knocking first!", I scold her and she sights. "What if I was changing?", I ask her at that. "Well, I have birthed you, so there is nothing I haven't already seen!", mom huffs out at that. I pout, thinking of another argument.

"Come on, Lily, stop tormenting our son...", dad comes to my salvation. "...without me!", and there all my hopes go, flieing out of the window. "Dad!", I try to protest but it's already too lqte, the damage has been done as soon as he heard mom bullying me. "What is there you could ever hide from us?", dad puts a finger on his chin in a thinking gesture. "Alcohol... Sigarettes.... Drugs, maybe?", he lists off and I open my mouth to orotest, but am to stunned that he even suggested something like that to even utter a word.

"It's time to go!", I finally bring out after my parents laugh at my flustered state for a while. We make our way to the living room, from where we are going to floo to the Leacky Cauldron and meet up with the Weasleys and Grangers. We have promised eachother to go school shopping togethr once our letters cane, so here we are. "Let's take a seat and wait for them to arrive! I don't assume that the Garngers will be flooing, so they will come trough the door, and the Weasleys always floo to the Leacky Cauldron", mom suggests and so we take our seats at a small table, since it's just for waiting. "Thank god there aren't that many people here at this houer, I wouldn't be abke to deal with fans right now", I say, the silence suffocating me.

"Mom, dad?", I ask after they don't show any reaction at all. "Yes?! What is it, honey?", mom asks, sounding startled. "What's wrong with you guys?", I ask concerned, looking from her to dad and back again. "We were just imagining how it would have been like to bring Hadrian along with us today...", they confess. "What...?", I ask, utterly confused by their response. "Well, yesterday, we were talking about Hadrian, thinking of how he might look like and how he might act in diffrent situations... we talked about what we could have done today, all of us together...", dad asnwers and looks everywhere but at me.

"Dad, mom, I am sure Dumbledore will find him and then we can come here all together!", I encourage them and they smile at me. "I'm sure of that!", mom says, being her cheerfull self again. "Right", dad chuckles and we just sit there and smile at eachother for a while.

"There you are!", Ron finally comes up to us and I get up to go and hug him. "What took you so long?", I ask after he greeted my parents. "Well, you know, mom wanted Ginny to look her best, in case there are some reporters there", Ron informs us, making a weird gesture with his hands, as if to explain the whole situation with just that gesture. "Right", I mumble and he nudges me lightly. "No worries, mate. No matter how dashing, or not, she may look, you will always be in the spotlight", Ron laughs and stops after I frown at him. "Right, spotlight = no likey for Charlie, got it", he says, probably recalling a conversation we had at hogwarts, where we talked about fame and how I deal with it. During that conversation I confessed that I don't really like the fame and attention at all, which seemed to shock Ron and Hermione at first, but after hanging out with me some more and paying attention to that, they saw that it really is annoying for me. I'm glad that they understand and even try to help, but I am even more glad when they always agree to spend most of our time in the common room (when we're not outside of it, causing some trouble and defeating Voldemort).

"Where are your parents and siblings?", mom asks Ron, probably eager to talk about some weird fashion stuff or where we want to go next for our shared vacation with Molly. "Oh, they're on their way, should be here right about now". And as if conjured by magic, the floo roars up and out come first Ginny, then the twins and finally Arthur and Molly Weasley. "Molly! Long time no see!", mom instantly goes over to Molly and hugs her tightly. "It's been a while, Lily! How have you and your family been?", Molly asks mom, hugging her just as tightly. "Oh, we're all fine, just eager to hear from Dumbledore about the searching troups he sent for Hadrian, but except for that we're great! How about you guys? Any trouble with running the houshold?", mom returns and I chose to turn my attebtion back to Ron.

"Merlin, you would think they haven't seen eachother in years!", he complains, grinning. "I know, mate, and it hasen't even been a week since ou guys came over to dine at our place!", I add and he nods. "Woman", he shruggs and we change the topic. "I guess still nothing on Hadrian?", he asks, obviously having heard mom talking about it to Molly just now. "Sadly, no. Even thought it's already been almost 3 month since Dumbledore sent the searching troup, there isn't even a trace of Hadrian in Europe. They have asked several banks run by goblins for his name and have even gone as far as to ask the ministry about him. Nothing", at that, Ron frowns.

"Nothing? Like, not even his name being recorded somewhere or something?", he asks in disbelive. "That's how things are right now", I confirm and his frown deepens. "That's really just as if he's turned into air...", he says, but I can tell that he really thinks Hadrian could be dead. I think so too, sometimes when I lay in bed alone and have time to think about atuff I shouldn't think about. "I know...", I agree and there is a silence between us for a moment.

"Guys!", Hermione shouts at us from across the room. "'Mione!", Ron and me run up to her and hug her. "It's so good to see you guys!", Hermione tells us and we just nod in agreement. After everyone has greeted everyone, we make our way to Diagon Alley to get our school supplies for 2nd year.

Hadrian's pov:

"I did it. I have the journal", I say to father, who seems pleased. "Very well. Have you made sure that they won't be suspicious for a while?", he asks me. "Of course. I am no amateur after all. I have replaced the journal with an identical one and put some charms on it to make it give off a powerfull vibe", I state and father nods his head. "Alright. Good job, son", he praises me and I smile it that.

"What do I do with the hocrux now?", I ask, looking at the black journal on the desk in front of us. "Take it with you. It is now your personal project, I assume. That is, if you agree with that and have fun?", he asks and I nod. "Thank you, I will take good care of it", and with that I leave the room.