Chapter 29

Draco's pov:

"2nd year was sooooo boring!", I complain. Sincerely, I was excpecting Hadrian to return, since it's already been about a year since Dumbles send his search troup, but nothing alike has happen. And father promised me entertainment with the Weaslette, but instead of entertainment thefe was just an enormeous amount of annoyance. Honestly, how can someone be that annoying while just existing?! Well, I guess the Weaslette knows how to do that. When father asked me about what happend at school every once in a while, he seemed dissapointed when I didn't say anything about the Weaslette, except for how boring she was.

"Hasn't it?", Theo asks me. I smile at him and Blaise, who are currently sharing a compartment with me. "I guess it wasn't all that bad. School was fine and we all got good grades", I attempt to see the positive in this situation. "Right, you're the only one who seems truly happy with your grades. I, for my part, think I could have done better", Blaise sights in defeat. "Right, you perfectionist!", I laugh, but Theo and he don't. "I think so too. It's unfaur that you were tutored at home before Hogwarts! I want to be as clever as you too!", Theo closes his eyes in frustration and I sight. "Merlin, Theo, it's not my fault I got tutored at home. Look, if it means anything to you, I cam help you studying next year!", I vow and they smile at me. "You would?", Blaise asks and I nod eagerly.

I don't like them being sad.

"We're going to arrive at Platform 9 3/4 soon...", Theo informs us after a while of silence. "Yeah...", I say, looking down. "You guys, promise me we'll see eachother suring the holidays!", Blaise says what I've been dieing to say since the beginning of the train ride. "Promise!!!", Theo and I shout at the same time and we all grin at eachother. "So, let's also invite Gergory, Vincent, Pansy and Daphne?", Blaise asks and I grin at him. He has been very obvious about his crush on Pansy Parkinson, in fact, the girl in question is the only one who hasen't noticed yet. "Right, let's all meet up at my house in... a week?", I ask and grin at Blaise. "A week it is, then", they both agree and grin at me. "Great, I shall inform mother and father about our plans as soon as possible", I say in a purobloodish manner.

ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎

"Father, may my friends from school come over in a week?", I ask father during dinner at home. He raises a brow and drinks some wine before asking: "Who are there friends, if I may ask?" I know that I won't be allowed to have them over if the come from a light family. Father is very strict about that. "Theodore Nott, Blaise Zabini, Gergory Goyle, Vincebt Crabbe, Pansy Parkinson and Daphne Greengrass", I answer and put a bite sized piece of meat in my mouth. "Oh, I see you have been keeping contact with your childhood friends", mother smiles at me as I nod. "Very well, we can excpect them in the morning, I presume?", he asks. "Yes, may they also lunch and dine with us?", I ask and father nods. "Maybe we can also invite their families to dine all together. It's been a while since we all met up", mother suggests. "Very well, I shall write to Lord Nott, Lord Goyle, Lord Crabbe, Lord Parkinson, Lord Greengrass and Lady Zabini and invite them to dine with us", father smiles at mother and she claps her hands in exitement.

"Oh, maybe also ask Uncle Sev to come over?", I ask, knowing that Sev hasn't been to any social gatherings lately. "Oh, poor Severus... they still haven't found him, have they?", mother asks my father. "No, sadly Hadrian seems to truly have dissapeared", father shakes his head in a sad manner. Mother sights. "They will find him!", I say. "They won't", father states. "Do you really think the order of fried chicken will find him? Listen, both of you, if he doesn't want to be found, he wont. If Severus' tellings of him are anything to go by", father goes on and smiles a little, as if proud of this child he hasn't even met.

"You're right.... let's just hope that he's not alone and that the people he's with are kind to him..", mother shakes her head, as if imagining the worst, and for a second, I get scared for Hadrian's sake. "I'm sure he's fine", father takes mother hand in a comfronting way. Mother instantly smiles and gives father a kiss on the cheek and I just stare at them in awe. Will I ever have something like that? Will I ever be the reason someone smiles? Will someone ever treat me like mother treats father?

"Dragon? Are you alright?", mother puts a hand on my cheek and strokes her thumb over my cheekbone. "Huh? Yeah, I'm perfectly fine!", I stutter out, embarassed that I was caught staring and ever more embarassed that I was staring in the first place. "Draco, we have been talking to much of Hadrian lately. I'm so sorry if you felt neglaced", mother whispers and I frown. "What?", I ask confused. "Now now, Dragon, don't act like that. You don't have to pretend when you're with us. We have been noticing you spacing out a lot lately. If you feel negleced, even the slightest bit, then please do tell us", father urges and puts his hand over mine.

"No, father, mother, I don't feel neglaced at all", I tell them, my confusion growing by the second. "You know what, we should talk. Tell us more about your school life and all that!", mother encourages, while dragging me into a family louge, father following us while chuckling. "Now, darling, tell us!", mother takes my hand in her's as we sit down on one of the sofas, father sitting on my other side. "Tell you what?", I ask. "About her!", mother squeaks and squeezes my hand. "Her? Who?", I ask again. "The girl you fancy, of course. We saw the way ou stared at us in a longing way. So, who is the girl who captured your heart?", father asks, now taking my other hand in his.

"I do not fancy anyone!", I say. "Really. No one at all. Not even slightly?", she asks me and I nod my head in confirmation. Now that I think about it, there really are many pretty girls in my year, or in school in general. But I don't really feel attracted to any of them, not even Daphne or Pansy, who are known to be 2 of the prettiest girls at school. Now that I think about that, I can't reacll ever fancying a girl before. "Well, tell us if there happens to be a special someone one day", mother smiles at me and I nod. "I will", I say and excuse myaelf to go to my room. "Am I destined to be single forever?", I think as I lay down on my bed, tears threatening to spill.