Chapter 1

Five years later

Tia's POV

"Seal the door!" my brother shouted.

The boys boarded up the door in an attempt to protect our home from the invading pack. Five Seconds of Summer had come for us hoping to take our food that we had just got. I was inside our house. I say house but it's very small and sat at the bottom of a mountain. There weren't even any walls splitting the rooms except for one that separated the bathroom from the rest of the house. There was a kitchen with a table and chairs on one side and on the other side of the house were our five beds.

The other four members of my pack were outside defending us. They were Tristan, Connor, Bradley and my brother James. He was the alpha of our pack. We were The Vamps and my name's Tia. My hair was long and brown a bit like my brothers. You could tell we were siblings by how we looked. We were close as brother and sister. We would always play together as kids and ever since our parents died James has been looking after me. He can be very protective, in fact according to his rules Tristan, Brad and Connor aren't allowed to go out with me. They all agreed though because no one questioned James.

I listened from inside our small house as the boys fought against our enemies. They were all wolves at this point. I watched James' dark brown wolf fight against Ashton as the wooden doors of the window burst open.

"Gotcha!" Michael said reaching in to take our food.

I grabbed a pan and hit him over the head with hit. He moved backwards groaning in pain until Brad's brown wolf bit his shoulder throwing him from the window. The fight seemed to be on even terms until I smelt burning.

"It's The Wanted!" Connor shouted.

"Fall back!" my brother commanded but it was too late.

A flaming arrow had landed on the grass beside our house. That was the signal for an attack from The Wanted. They wanted people to know they were coming because they thrived on fear.

I ran to the kitchen part of the house and filled a bucket with water. I jumped out the window unnoticed and put out the fire before running back into the house. I saw Max's wolf fighting with Connor's dark yellowy grey wolf and Tristan's grey wolf, Siva's wolf fighting Luke and Calum's wolves and Jay's wolf fighting Michael and Brad's wolves. I looked over to my brother's wolf to see him getting beaten by Tom's wolf along with Ashton's wolf.

I realised there were only four of them and frantically looked for the fifth until I heard a thud coming from the kitchen part of the house. I looked over to see Nathan smirking evilly as he lifted all of our food.

"Cheers for the free meal princess," he said lowly before jumping out of the window.

He turned into his wolf and headed back to The Wanted's pack land. Tom ordered for the rest of the boys to follow and they all ran after him. Five Seconds of Summer scrambled to their feet and hurried back to their own lands as the boys got up. James pulled Tristan and Connor to their feet while Brad removed the boards from the door. He came in and looked to the table where our food should've been before looking to me disappointingly.

"They took it all?"

I nodded sadly. He sighed and walked out of the house.

"James all our food's gone."

James emerged through the door moments later looking at the table. He sighed and rubbed a hand through his hair before looking at me.

"Who was it?" he asked.

"Nathan," I said simply.

He sighed again with annoyance and walked over to the fireplace at the back of the house. It was the middle part between the beds and the kitchen. He lit the fire as the other three boys came in.