Chapter 5

Tia's POV

When we got back to Elyar's cave it was getting dark. Elyar left the deer inside the cave near the wall. He lit a fire in the fire pit in the middle of the cave. I looked in and saw a small wooden bed. It could fit one person at the most. Elyar looked outside of the cave at the sky.

"It's too late to try and bring you back to your pack. I'll take you back tomorrow. Hopefully your brother won't be too worried," he said coming inside.

"Oh ok then, so where do I sleep?" I asked.

"The bed."

"What about you?"

"I'll take the floor."

"Don't do that. That'll be uncomfortable," I argued.

"Look just take the bed but in return look away while I change out of this," he said gesturing to his ninja suit thing.

I nodded and sat on the ground looking at the fire although I won't lie. I was tempted to turn around. I took my shoes off and set them at the side of the cave.

"So you're in The Vamps pack?" I could hear Elyar say from behind me.

"Yeah, my brother's the alpha," I said.

"Oh, is he a good alpha?"

"Well he is, he's just not a good brother."

"Oh," was all he could say.

"Don't worry about it, he just ignores me sometimes and we had an argument before I ran off and found The Wanted."

I heard shuffling of feet from behind me and soon enough Elyar was sitting at the wall near the fire, adjacent to where I was sitting. He was now wearing track suit bottoms and a red T-shirt.

"I'm sure he doesn't mean to," he stated.

"Well, I know he's busy but he doesn't let me go out of the house. Today was literally the first time I've been out to see the rest of the land, apart from hunting. I'm allowed to do that if the boys are all with me," I explained.

"Well maybe now after that argument he'll realise he should let you go with him to raids and stuff more often," he shrugged.

"I hope so," I said looking at the fire.

"Anyway," he said getting up and crossing over to the deer opposite him. "I'll cook this so you can eat it."

"Well you should have half of it. I won't eat it all."

He went to argue but I cut him off.

"No. You're taking some."

He held his hands up in defence and nodded obviously not wanting to fight. We cooked the deer over the fire pit in the cave and then split it in half. After that we got ready to sleep. I got into the bed although I felt guilty as I watched Elyar get comfortable on the floor of the cave.

"Night Tia," he smiled rolling over and closing his eyes.

"Night Elyar," I replied.

I closed my eyes and let sleep take over me. Anything could've happened to me that day. The Wanted could've kidnapped me and taken me hostage. They could've tried to get something from James and the boys. They could've killed me for all I knew. But Elyar was there.

I couldn't describe what it was like. He came and took down the boys. I didn't know who he was yet he wanted to protect me He brought me to his home, cooked dinner and let me sleep in his bed. He was so nice to me and I barely knew who he was. He was nice to talk to as well about everything but I wondered if I would ever see him again.