Chapter 16

Elyar's POV

I was so angry. At the world, at the packs and at myself. My parents were killed by their own kingdom. It was my fault they died. I killed them. If I didn't leave then the kingdom wouldn't have reacted the way they did.

My wolf began to take over my body. It's rage became overpowering and soon all I saw was red. I felt the power emanating from my body. I should explain that as the gold wolf I had mild control of the elements which was why the ground shook as my wolf let out all of it's rage on anything it could. That's when I felt someone else's presence.

I knew Tia was standing behind me. She must've guessed that I saw my parents dead. My wolf was too angry to feel her presence but my human side was telling me to stop. Maybe I was scaring her but I couldn't stop. Anger had taken over now. There was no chance of stopping now.

I assumed Tia would've run away but surprisingly she didn't. The next thing I knew she put her hand on my shoulder. I looked down at her with angry eyes, gleaming with a deep golden glow. That didn't phase her. She looked sympathetic. Not afraid of me at all. She pulled me towards her gently and wrapped her arms around my neck in a hug. My wolf calmed down as he felt the presence of Tia with him. I relaxed and wrapped my arms around her. It was a hug I needed.

She just held me there in a hug until all of the power I had let loose in anger had subsided. The harsh golden glow had disappeared and I felt calm again.

I pulled out of the hug and looked down at Tia. She wasn't afraid. She wasn't even swayed by my anger. As I looked into her eyes I only saw sympathy. I couldn't think of words to say to describe how I felt. Except for three.

"I love you Tia. I know now that I can't be without you. What's just happened has proved that. I need you," I confessed.

"I love you too," she said as her mouth moved into a smile.

I moved my head down to her and kissed her. It was a kiss full of love and I savoured every second of it. I knew now that Tia was my only family. I'd been alone too long and I couldn't go back to being alone again.

We pulled out of the kiss and just looked into each other's eyes.

"Elyar?"

"Yeah Ti?"

"What's your old room like?"

I smiled as I thought of my old room. I took Tia's hand and led her upstairs to my part of the castle. Luckily the bedrooms appeared to be intact. When I got to my old room I saw that the wall that looked out over the kingdom had been smashed but apart from that my room still looked the same.

"Wow," Tia said in awe as she looked at every detail of the room.

You could tell it was royalty from the gold covering of the roof and the intricate designs on the walls. My bed was old fashioned and had a curtain that went all around the bed. There wasn't actually a lot in the room apart from my old weapons and armour. Stuff I never used much to my dad's disappointment.

When I was a child all I really did was play my guitar. I would sit and play it all the time and I dreamed of running away and becoming a musician or even a singer. The only problem was the whole 'Prince of Werewolves' thing. I wasn't allowed to choose. I had to be the king but I never wanted that.

"Do you play guitar?" Tia asked sounding surprised.

"Uh yeah," I said coming out of my thoughts. "I like to write my own songs sometimes."

"Play me something," she said eagerly.

I nodded and picked up my old guitar. I tuned it up first and then began strumming to a song I'd written called Déjà Vu. Once I finished the song Tia smiled.

"That was amazing!" she exclaimed excitedly.

I smiled at her response and moved my guitar so I could hug her. We didn't spend very long at the castle because Tia knew that Brad would've woken up soon. She told me about how she, Connor and Tristan went to The Wanted with Five Seconds of Summer so they could help Brad. She was going to go back to The Wanted's home so she could see the boys.

Tia's POV

After saying goodbye to Elyar I ran straight back to The Wanted's pack lands. I ran into Max and Siva who helped me up the tree to Tom's house. I went inside and saw Tristan and Connor sitting around the bed where Brad was now sitting up and smiling at me.

"Brad," I simply said before running over to him.

He stood up and enveloped me in a hug.

"Where have you been?" he asked lowly.

"Kinda went to see Elyar. Sorry."

"It's ok, you're here now," he replied.

We were cut off by two people walking into the room. We turned around to see Jay with Nathan behind him.

"What's wrong?" Tom asked.

"We saw James in the forest. He was running for the mountain behind The Vamps' pack," Jay reported.

"Elyar," me and Brad both whispered in sync.

"It didn't end well," he continued as Nathan moved forward revealing a black eye.

"He's gonna kill him," I whispered almost tearing up.

"We have to find James. Connor, Tristan and Tia. The four of us are gonna find him," Brad commanded.

"I'll come with you. Boys look after Nathan and Five Seconds of Summer stay here until The Vamps come back," Tom ordered.

"Let's just hurry," I said running out of the house.

Brad, Connor, Tristan and Tom turned and soon enough we were running for the mountain. I just hoped we weren't too late.