Getting home

As soon as Stachedad ran in you got away from Meanieman and stumbled over to him. He got on his knees and hugged you tight. Hiding you in his arms.

,,Are you ok?"

You couldn't help it. Tears ran down your face once more, which made him panic a little.

,,Are you hurt?! You tincans better not have hurt them."

He stood up with you sitting on his arm, holding on to the shirt. He was warm and the hand on your back was very comforting. Giving you the feeling that nothing in the world could hurt you. Not while he was around.

,,We did nothing!
Why is there a child
in this house?!"

,,Well that's just ridiculous. That's none of your buisness. Just like always. Stop putting yourself into situations that you have no right to be in."

,,Yo... dudes...
The vibe is off."

,,You-"

,,Enough."

Fluffman jumped in, placing a hand on Stachemans shoulder.

,,Let's go. You can fight over this later when the kid isn't here."

And with that Stacheman turned around and walked away with you and Fluffman. You sighed and watched Fluffman give Stacheman a look that... couldn't have been a good one.

,,I'll get my dogs then we can go."

Stachedad nodded and let out a huge sigh, trying to hug you as tight as he could without hurting you. He walked over to the huge red chair again, letting you sit down on it as he kneeled down infront of it, looking at you.

He tried to put on a smile but you could clearly see the pain in his eyes and voice as he spoke.

,,Hey there kid... I-..."

He paused, a hand on the back of his neck, looking to the side for a bit before turning back to you, sighing.

,,Mark and I have been talking... I'm sorry that we didn't do it earlier. But we're gonna get chu home. So if you're ready... We could go..."

He seemed so sad, something in his eyes told you this wasn't easy for him. Like... he didn't want to say goodbye...

Will's pov

Their stare was almost too much for me. I didn't want to make this weird... and I certainly didn't want this too be hard. I didn't want my voice to crack but here we are...

They jumped into my arms and hugged me so I hugged them back and sighed.

,,Are you two ready?"

I couldn't bring myself to talk so I just nodded, let them sit on my arm and turned around to Mark. He nodded too and opened the door, all of us walking outside. The kid got tired and as soon as we got in Mark's car, they fell asleep.

Mark was driving, it was barely morning, the streetlights were still on, snow that turned into rain still falling down to the ground.

I looked back at Mark, his eyes were glued to the road infront of us.

,,...Am I a good person?"