Not on my watch

TW SUICIDE ATTEMPT!

,҉,Y̨o҉ų̴͟'̕̕ŕ͢e ̡̀nơ͜҉t͡ ̴̛ge҉t̡t̶i̸n͡'͏̵͢ t̴h͞a̧͏t̵̕͠ ́gu҉҉n̵͞͠ ̷͝b́͟͜a̡̢̕ćḱ̕.̡"̛͘

,,I'm not a child! It's mine. Hand it back!"

,̶͟,Y̛͝ȩ͡ ̨n̕͝e̶ed̢͟͟ ͢s̵om̷̧̀e he̵͡lp̢͠.̷͠͞!́̕"̸͟͢

,,FUCK OFF!"

,,Will?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THERE?!"

I looked down to the sidewalk, seeing Mark standing there. He seemed worried, for a good reason I guess.

,,WILL! PLEASE GET AWAY FROM THAT EDGE OK?!"

I just stared down at him. This might be my last chance... I already fucked up everyting else...

,,I'LL COME UP OK?! DON'T GET CLOSER TO THE EDGE!"

He started running to the door and got in. Fuck. Fuck. I need to go now. I-I'm not ready. I stared at the guy who stole my gun and as soon as he took a step closer I started to run over to the edge.

,̴̨,̶̸͢D̕ON̸̕͜'͝͏T ̡Y̶̡͜OU͞ ͢͢͞D͠͏AŖ̶̕Ę͠!̴͡"

I couldn't see him anymore, I had to go now before they lock me away. I'm not insane... n-not right now. I have to act before I lose my mind again. If this is how it ends... I guess it makes sense...

Suddenly that guy appeared infront of me out of nowhere and pushed me back. As soon as I hit the floor the door to the roof opened up.

Mark's pov

I was just trying to make sure he was ok but as soon as I opened the door, and he wasn't in his bed I knew something was wrong. Terribly fucked up. And I was right. It didn't take me five minutes to run out and find him up on a roof.

I didn't think. I couldn't. I just ran up the stairs as fast as I could. I felt worse after every step. Knowing that even just being a milisecond too late might cause him to go. I don't want to be the reason he falls.

As soon as I reached the top and slammed the door open I could finally breathe again. He was on the floor, holding his head, his gun a few feet away from him.

,,Will!"

He turned around and stared at me like a deer in headlights.

,,William. Please. Don't go!"

He didn't move, just stared at me as the sun slowly rose.

,,It's ok William."

I took a step forward and it seems like that shook him out of his trance. He jumped up and got closer to the edge, taking a step back. I stopped walking.

,,Please... William. I-I'm sorry that you don't have it easy."

,,W-What would you know?! You didn't care until a few hours ago!"

,,And that was a terrible mistake. I should've checked up on all of you way sooner. And I'm terribly sorry."

,,Y-You're lying."

,,N-No! No I am not lying Will... Please walk away from the edge."

,,Y-You'll just lock me up... Put me away like a broken machine. I-I can't g-go on Mark...I can't keep killing people- I- There's no hope left for me..."

,,No there is hope! Trust me! Look at you! Why stop now when it's finally getting better?"

,,It won't hold up Mark! I'll go back to killing people! There's no one who can stop this! I'd rather go and take my life while I still have my brain instead of going crazy, waving a gun around and getting killed, going like a maniac. That'll be only thing people will remember... I don't want to be known as the guy that went insane."

,,And being known for killing yourself is any better? How about being known for being alive and getting better. Don't you want to try?"

,,I've tried to so many times... I'm out of strength... I can't handle it anymore... I can't get through this alone anymore..."

,,And now you're not alone. I'm here. I'll be here for you Will. I'll make sure no one will die."

,,No... It's not good. Next thing you know you're the next victim and then everything will fall apart for your family... I can't be close to anyone."

,,I can defend myself. I'll stay with you. We'll make sure you're getting help and... We'll take care of all of it."

He looked back down to the ground, hugging himself.

,,All just empty promises... I-... I can't..."

,,I promise you this. I don't do any empty promises. Not anymore. Never again."

He sighed and shook his head.

,,I'm tired Mark. I... am just too tired... I can't go on anymore... Thank you though... Thank you for... trying... I-I... I really appreciate it."

,,Will... no... please Will... WILLIAM!"

He smiled, taking a step back, falling. Everything slowed down as I started running over, trying to grab his arm but... I was too slow...

,,I got you."