Don't leave me!

Dark's pov

Looking around the house one last time with everyone else gone, on their way to the new house... for the first time in years the house was... quiet.

No clue why we were still here... In the house where it all went down... I guess it took a while to realise staying here might not be the best way to go on with life. Especially not for Will.

It was convenient I suppose, not having to pay any money to live here, besides groceries... and everyone showed up on our doorstep when they came to life.

I guess not going back here won't be an option but the difference between me going here two days a week and everyone else living in this house... is huge.

I don't exactly know what it is but I feel like getting out of this house might help everyone find themselves. Maybe it's the people, maybe it's the house... but as soon as you step a foot in here... You just want to leave immediately. Feeling like if you don't leave now... You won't ever be able to.

As I made up my way upstairs I walked by the bathroom, seeing the mirror still hanging up. I didn't take it, didn't think it was in good shape anyway.

Then... I passed by my room- Well my office that once was my room. All my books and papers were already at the new place so the only thing that was left were the built in shelves.

The reason for why I took this room was because... it was Damien's at some point. Which was a terrible idea. Who thought going back into the room where you overworked yourself won't lead to you overworking yourself again?

Although it did help being constantly working on new things, I kept the house running. Making plans, taking care of new comers...

,,No time to waste."

And with that I went back outside, deeply in thoughts when someone ran up to me, tears running down his face.

,,P-Ple-ease! Pl-please take m-me with y-you! D-don-don't l-leave me behind!"

Before I could react in any way he had already reached me and had grabbed my suit, begging me to help him.

,,P-Please! P-ple-please!"

,,Ok-Ok! We can talk if you let go of me."

He nodded and took a step back, wiping away his tears, shaking like crazy. Holding onto the blanket in his hands, pushing his round glasses up his face.

,,Thank you. What's the problem Eric"

,,I-I-..."

,,Are you alright?"

,,J-Just p-please don't l-leave w-without m-me!"

,,I'm not going to leave you behind. How long have you been here?"

,,I-I d-don't k-know! I-I uhm- I-I was h-here b-before a-and I-I d-didn't know w-where t-to go s-so I-I w-walked a-around-I- I-"

,,Alright. Just get in my car ok? Do you have your headphones?"

,,N-No- I-I-"

No wonder he was so worked up without his headphones to keep him calm and let him breathe.

,,Alright Eric. Just get in the car."

,,M-My things!"

,,They're already packed up and on their way to your new room. You can get in the car and take a breath. Focus on you."

He nodded and ran over to my car, opening the door to the backseats, getting in quickly before closing the door. I brushed off my suit and took in a deep breath before walking over and getting in myself.

We drove around in complete silence, no one saying a word. The only thing that could be heard was Eric breathing, trying to calm himself down and after a while... he did.

,,Can I ask you something?"

,,Y-Yes-...? I-I'm sorry that I did s-something w-wrong- I-"

,,No need to panic. All I wanted to know was why you walked home from therapy alone."

He stayed quiet and through the rearview mirror I saw him hug his bag, looking down.

,,You can also write me later-"

,,I-I d-didn't w-want t-to annoy y-you..."

,,...You don't. Next time call me and I'll pick you up. I always have my phone with me."

,,O-Ok..."

,,..."

,,W-What... are w-we gonna h-have for d-dinner?"

,,Dinner? It's only-... 7pm..."

,,Y-yes..."

,,You walked for 4 hours?!"

,,I-I'm s-sorry!"

,,No-No I am. I shouldn't get... like this. Im glad you got home safe."

With a little embarrassed smile he looked down to his feet and stayed quiet for the rest of the ride home.