The prince's plan

Next morning

Commander Baekhyun walked on the Kings room. He looked at the King who was staring out of the window.

Baekhyun: My lord, you called for me?

Chaneyol turned his head towards Baekhyun and nodded.

Chaneyol: How are you Baekhyun?

Baekhyun: Pardon? He questioned not believing his ears.

The King sighed.

Chaneyol: I know you're devastated by Taeyeon's death, Byun.

Baekhyun remained silent while staring at ye floor.

Chaneyol: Should I consider that you forgot to give Dahyun the sleeping potion before the wedding?

Baekhyun gulped as the King walked near him.
Chaneyol stared at the commanders nervous face.

Chaneyol: I told you to keep watch on Jongin. I guess you didn't follow my orders, Baekhyun.

Baekhyun: Forgive me, you're majesty. I wasn't I'm my right senses. I'm better now. I will keep watch on him from now on-

Chaneyol: I didn't call you here to asign you some work.

Baekhyun:  Then what's the matter, King?

The commander furrowed his eyebrows when he noticed Namjoon coming inside the Kings room.

Chaneyol: I am taking you're authority, Baekhyun.

Baekhyun: W-why, King? Did I do a mistake?

The Kimg let out a husky chuckle and walked near scared Baekhyun.

Chaneyol: You think that the King of Seoul is dumb, Baekhyun?

Baekhyun: N-no, you're majesty.

Chaneyol: Something is going on in this palace. Everyone is hiding something from me, Byun. And I suspect you too.

Baekhyun stayed silent and nodded his head.

Chaneyol: I know you're devastated with the death of Taeyeon. I need you to Tak a break from your duty.

Baekhyun: B-but, my lord! My mind is not that weak that it would affect me so much.

Chaneyol: So, you're mind isn't weak? Huh?

Baekhyun: Of course, it isn't.

Chaneyol: Then tell me what ware you talking about with the prince yesterday.

Baekhyun froze as the kings gaze on him darkened.

Baekhyun: It was nothing, King. He wanted to ask about Taeyeon as his brother is in a quiet miserable condition.

Chaneyol nodded his head, still not satisfied with his excuse.

Chaneyol: If you think thy you have been loyal al this time, then you will keep you're batch. And if you don't than you're batch and keys to the dungeon to Namjoon.

Baekhyun stared at his batch and then back at the king.

Chaneyol: If something happens in this palace, you'll be responsible fro it, Byun. Because you're hiding something from me.

The puppy eyed guy let out a sigh pulling out his batch from his shirt and gave it to Namjoon.

Baekhyun: If you don't trust me, then there's no use of me being the commander.

The King raised his eyebrows as his as his former commander went out of the room. Chaneyol looked at Namjoon.

Chaneyol: You know what to do?