Strategy

The next day
Seoul court room

Everyone in the court room stood up when Chaneyol made his steps towards his throne. There was a dead drop silence as they noticed a familiar expression on the Kings face.

Anger

Chaneyol took his seat on his throne and rested his back. He scanned the room and noticed their familiar faces. He felt angered as he knew that there was someone rotten hiding in all these people.

One of the ministers stood up seeking everyone's attention towards him.

Minister: Yeongin will reach Seoul tomorrow morning. There heading faster with Incheon and Suwon.

Queen Younsin: The three of them are going to attack us-

Chaneyol: Not three provinces.... But four provinces will. He mumbled slowly, sending chills down the royals body's.

Queen Younsin: Who is the fourth one?

Chaneyol: Songnam.

Everybody in the hall gasped, obviously scared of what's coming tomorrow.

Jeongyeon: We have in total 70,000 soldiers. Yeongin has 20,00, Suwon has 25,000. Incheon has 22,000 and Songnam has 50,000.

Chaneyol: They won't take all of their soldiers with them. None of us know the outcome the war, neither do they. They will bring half of their armies with them. Songnam will bring only 20 percent of their troops as to help Yeongin.

Jeongyeon: But why would they bring half of their army?

Chaneyol: Because, the war isn't lead by Gwangsuk. The real mastermind is Kim Jongin.

Silence spread across the hall when the King mentioned the name of the great warrior.

Chaneyol: They don't need more soldiers, they need his strategy. This war will not see which kingdom has more soldiers, but will see which kingdom has a powerful mind which will lead a powerful strategy. Yeongin will head towards Seoul with Incheon. They will take half of their soldiers with them while the half will remain in the province for protection. Yeongin and Incheon will head towards east Bucheon and will wait there for Suwon to arrive. When three of them attack Seoul, Songnam will emerge out of nowhere and will destroy our plan by attacking from the east side. Pocheon agreed to help us. There coming with 15,000 soldiers to Seoul. They will arrive today evening. The King nodded his head in agreement.

Chaneyol: Namjoon, get the archers, peers, knights for tomorrow war. There will be only three sectors that of troops which will surround the palace.

Namjoon: Yes, you're highness.

Jimin: Who will be the chief head of the war after the monarch?

The queen scoffed.

Younsin: Obviously, it will be you.

Chaneyol: No! This time I am giving half of my responsibility to Jisung.

Jisungs eyes widened as he looked at the King in amusement.

Younsin: What?! But he doesn't know anything about strateg-

Chaneyol: Don't underestimate my brother, Queen Younsin.

Chaneyol glanced at Jisung smiling face.

Jisung: I won't let you down, my lord.

Chaneyol nodded his head, satisfied to see confidence in his younger brother.

The King stood up from his throne and announced.

Chaneyol: Prepare yourself for your own protection. Our brave warriors will try to protect our own family and palace but we can't say how strong is our enemy. Prepare for the worst band best. We don't know the future. Help the person in need during war. I want everyone on the practice grounds, right now! He said with a blank expression.