03.

___

After somehow getting home and seeing your father still asleep on the white leather couch, you rush into the bathroom. Taking off your clothes, you stand in front of the mirror. You pull your overcoat off you and stare at the fabric of your top totally covered in blood from the side of your torso. You had lost a lot of blood. No wonder why you struggled with excessive weakness while coming back home.

A whimper leaves your mouth as you take off the wet and stuck cloth of yours from over the wound. You were trying hard to not let out a loud wince as Yeonhan was right outside, sleeping. Your eyes start pooling up with tears trying to endure the extremely burning pain.

"Oh God" you mutter trying to catch a breath and hold the sink counter tightly, pressing your lips sealed gulping the strong sensation of pain.

You then get hold of the safety kit from the shelves there. Looking at the wound you seem confused as to whether or not you needed stitches. There is no way you can go to the hospital and get a bullet wound treated without getting police involved. Involving the police means your family will come to know about the incident. Right now you weren't in the sane state of mind to think of doing the right thing.

Not sure of how to treat a bullet wound, you still go ahead and however help yourself. Wetting a clean towel into the running water, you clean the area around the large cut. Fortunately the bullet just brushed and passed through your skin and did not actually end up in your body. Otherwise it would have been a chaos for you. After doing that, you gather up guts to clean the actual wound while holding a piece of cotton, sprayed with antiseptic liquid.

"It's ok, Y/N. It's going to burn like hell but you have to do it. You cannot go to the hospital" you cheer yourself up, still hesitating to perform the act knowing it was going to intensify the pain in multiples of thousands.

Fuck it. It could have been worse. You are at least alive.

Just do it.

Ordering that to yourself, you slowly slide the cotton through your open gash. The second you do that, you almost collapse on the ground feeling the sudden rush of killing sting through your body. This experience really showed what real physical pain is. Yet, it could have been worse. Thinking of that, you manage to stabilize your trembling jaw, hands and legs. Getting back on your feet properly, you finally dive into the wound, this time the pain minimizing not more than the size of a sand particle.

After a few minutes of cleaning the wound and dressing it very delicately yet securely, you get changed into other clothes after having a painkiller. With your unstable steps, you head towards your bed. As soon as you lay down on it, you feel like you went to sleep literally after fighting a war for years.

Just when you hit the bed, you immediately slip into sleep because of all the weakness and physical trauma you went through.

***

You wake up with a loud gasp and sit up. Staring at the wall in front of you for a few seconds you remember the events of last night. You almost ended up thinking it was a dream until the side of your torso started to sting because of moving suddenly so fast, rashly. Your hand immediately goes to your injury and senses something wet.

The blood leaked through the bandages and your clothing.

You panic realizing the bleeding didn't stop. Hurrying to check the gash, you stumble quickly to the bathroom. Waking up from severe fatigue and hiking fever followed by immediate striking burns should have been enough for you to give up but you held onto yourself.

After redressing the injury, you decide to take a sponge bath for the day, not letting the wound soak in water. It would be extremely painful and dangerous.