46.

You: I miss you

(2 minutes later)

BoHyun-ssi: All good?

You: Yes, I just miss you. You are always in Busan or traveling.

BoHyun-ssi: Y/N, my love, I promise I will make it up to you once I am back.

You: Why can't I at least FaceTime you or even call you?

BoHyun-ssi: [typing...]

5 minutes later

You: ??

BoHyun-ssi: I'll explain when I am back.

BoHyun-ssi: I love you.

BoHyun-ssi: Y/N-ah

BoHyun-ssi: Are you mad?

BoHyun-ssi: Don't ignore me. You know I can't take it when you ignore me.

You: I miss you. I want to see you.

BoHyun-ssi: Don't be like that, I can't concentrate when you say things like that. I'll be on my way back soon.

BoHyun-ssi: Are you at Hyeyeon's?

You: Yes

BoHyun-ssi: Ok, do you want to sleep at her place? You have a class tomorrow morning.

You: You remembered. I will go home. I didn't bring my things.

BoHyun-ssi: Of course. I know your whole schedule. Ok but make sure you lock your doors and windows properly and text me once you're home.

You: I will :(

BoHyun-ssi: I will see you soon, babe. I love you.

You: I'll be waiting.

You're lost in thought, staring at your phone with a heavy heart. Each time he says "I love you" and waits for your response, a part of you aches. You are just not ready for it yet.

It's been barely five days since you last saw him, yet it feels like an eternity. This is the healthiest relationship you've been in for a while, and the distance is tougher than you expected. As you scroll through photos of him, a wave of longing washes over you. You take a sip from your beer, your fourth one down, and let out a soft sigh.

The room is dimly lit, cozy, and filled with the quiet sounds of your friends' breathing. Hyeyeon is sleeping peacefully on your lap, while Jimin and Taehyung are sprawled out on another couch, lost in their dreams. Miyeon is engrossed in her phone, her fingers dancing over the screen texting someone, and Jungkook is outside, leaning over the reeling, savoring the gentle night breeze and the glittering cityscape, beer in hand.

As the clock nudges you towards 1 o'clock after midnight, reminding you of your early morning class, you carefully shift Hyeyeon's head onto a pillow, her soft hair brushing against your hand. Quietly, you stand up, stretching out the kinks in your legs, and start to gather your things.

Rising from your seat, a wave of dizziness momentarily overtakes you, the effects of the alcohol making your head swim. You take a moment to find your balance, then begin your search for the keys that Taehyung was last seen with. After a fruitless search through his pockets and the usual spots without success, frustration starts to set in. You're tired, slightly intoxicated, and conscious of the late hour.

Navigating around the couch in your quest for the keys, the room seems to spin unexpectedly, causing you to lose your footing. Your phone slips from your grasp, clattering to the ground. In the nick of time, Jungkook's hand steadies you as he supports your back, preventing a fall.